Date: 6 May 91 21:12:12 GMT
From: cae780!digger@decwrl.dec.com  (Doug Selph)
Subject: Bug found in RowColumn Widget after OSF fix
Sender: motif-request@alfalfa.com
To: motif@alfalfa.com

 	Hi World!

	I found a bug in the motif source code, bug I wansn't sure
who to tell, so I am posting it on the net hoping the right people
will see it, record the bug, and reply with the proper fix.

- -----------------------------

  	**>Environment<**

	RowColumn bug with MOTIF-1.1 after applying fixes through
  18 and especially fix "fix-osf-1.1.1".

  	**>Problem<**

    	I have a XmRadioBox with a XmLabel widget followed
by 5 XmToggleButton widgets.   XmNisHomogenous is set to False.
What happens is I get the warning:

  Warning:
      Name: radioBoxWindowType
      Class: XmRowColumn
      Attempt to add wrong type child to a homogeneous RowColumn widget

  	This did not happen before applying the OSF fix.

  	**>Reason<**

     The homogenouse flag is set to True in the WorkAreaInitialize()
function near line 2277 in RowColumn.c.  Setting it here overrides the
user's set of it.

	(Side note: notice at line 2484 in the 'create' routine,
         that IsHomogenous is set to TRUE here too, but this does
	 not override the user's set according to the comment
	 found there.)

	**>Code<** (near line 2277)

    /* BEGIN OSFfix pir 2107 */
    if (work->row_column.radio)
      {
        if (RC_Packing(work) == XmNO_PACKING)
          RC_Packing(work) = XmPACK_COLUMN;
        RC_IsHomogeneous(work) = TRUE;
        if (RC_EntryClass(work) == NULL)
          RC_EntryClass(work) = xmToggleButtonGadgetClass;
      }
    else if (RC_Packing(work) == XmNO_PACKING)
      RC_Packing(work) = XmPACK_TIGHT;
    /* END OSFfix pir 2107 */

	What would be the proper fix of this code here?  There must
be reason for this code to be here, so I don't just want to delete it.
Or, should I wait for a fix after 18 or fixOSF?

	You may also reply to me to tell who I should send bug reports to
in the future.

	Please reply to digger@csi.com or ...uunet!cae780!digger
	Thanks ahead of time for any replies.

				--digger