[comp.windows.x.motif] iconImage. Does it work?

montra@ghost.unimi.it (Paolo Montrasio) (05/13/91)

I'm trying to put some customized bitmap in icons like
xterm, xman, etc.
So I created a bitmap representing an xterm (oh well, sometime
you can think it is an xterm... :-) and I put it in
~/.bitmap/ICONS/xterm. Then I added these lines to .Xdefaults:

Mwm*bitmapDirectory:            /lusr/tutor/montrasio/.bitmap/
Mwm*Xterm.iconImage:            ICONS/xterm

I performed xrdb -load ~/.Xdefaults and I restarted mwm.
Results: none! :-(
Mwm still uses the default bitmap...

Time ago a friend of mine tried to do the same thingh (I don't
know the details), with the same discouraging result.

Can anybody help?

				Thank you.
                             _____
                            /     \
.--------------------------|\ P M /|---------------------------------------.
|                          |_\   /.|   |        Paolo Montrasio            |
| Don't study, don't work, |--\_/--|   |        montra@ghost.unimi.it      |
|      play the Core War!   \ \_/ /    |        montra@[131.175.10.64]     |
|                          __|---|__   |        MILANO - ITALY             |
`------------------------/           \-------------------------------------'

wittig@gmdzi.gmd.de (Georg Wittig) (05/14/91)

montra@ghost.unimi.it (Paolo Montrasio) writes:

>Mwm*bitmapDirectory:            /lusr/tutor/montrasio/.bitmap/
>Mwm*Xterm.iconImage:            ICONS/xterm

``Mwm*XTerm*IconImage''		works for me
       ^   ^

--
Georg Wittig   GMD-Z1.IT   P.O.Box 1240 | "Freedom's just another word
D-W-5205 St. Augustin 1	   (Germany)	|  for nothing left to lose"

sland@motcid.UUCP (Stephen Shortland) (05/17/91)

montra@ghost.unimi.it (Paolo Montrasio) writes:

>I'm trying to put some customized bitmap in icons like
>xterm, xman, etc.
>So I created a bitmap representing an xterm (oh well, sometime
>you can think it is an xterm... :-) and I put it in
>~/.bitmap/ICONS/xterm. Then I added these lines to .Xdefaults:

>Mwm*bitmapDirectory:            /lusr/tutor/montrasio/.bitmap/
>Mwm*Xterm.iconImage:            ICONS/xterm

>I performed xrdb -load ~/.Xdefaults and I restarted mwm.
>Results: none! :-(
>Mwm still uses the default bitmap...

Two suggestions:
1. The class name for xterm is XTerm, not Xterm
2. Try using a loose binding (*) between the XTerm and iconImage.

From my resource file:-

! xterm
!
Mwm*XTerm*iconImage:            terminal

Stephen.
--
| Stephen Shortland,      | Motorola Ireland Ltd,    |                      |
|                         | Mahon Industrial Estate, |                      |