[comp.windows.x.motif] Help on X Toolkit error

ppluzhni@vivaldi.helios.nd.edu (paul pluzhnikov) (05/18/91)

What am I doing wrong ?

I have Motif 1.0.A and the following hierarhy:
TopLevel
    - DialogShell (with XmNdeleteResponce set to XmDESTROY)
	- another DialogShell

Untill I create/realize second DialogShell, everything goes fine.
As soon as the second DialogShell is realized, any attempt to close first one
leads to:
X Toolkit Error: Couldn't find ancestor with display information
and program aborts.

Any help would be appreciated.
Paul

ppluzhni@vivaldi.helios.nd.edu (paul pluzhnikov) (05/21/91)

Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.motif
Subject: HELP on X Toolkit error - revisited

In article <1991May17.170012.5414@news.nd.edu>  I wrote:
>What am I doing wrong ?
>

>I have Motif 1.0.A (Intel 386 UNIX SVR4) and the following hierarhy:
>TopLevel
>    - DialogShell (with XmNdeleteResponce set to XmDESTROY)
>	- another DialogShell
>
>Untill I create/realize second DialogShell, everything goes fine.
>As soon as the second DialogShell is realized, any attempt to close first one
>leads to:
>X Toolkit Error: Couldn't find ancestor with display information
>and program aborts.

What actually happens depends on children of the second dialog shell, i.e.
	when this shell has SelectionBox as it's child, and the List in
	selection box contains 0 or 1 items, everything works great, but
	when the list contains 2 (or more) items, any attempt to destroy
	first and/or second shell results in above error, with a stack trace
	looking like this:

*t
_XtDefaultErrorMsg(0x800575a0,0x800575b0,0x800575cc,0x800575dc,0,0)
XtErrorMsg()
XtWidgetToApplicationContext(0x80d9320)
XtRemoveAllCallbacks(0x80d9320,0x80a3ee4)
Destroy(0x80e5068)
Phase2Destroy(0x80e5068)
Recursive(0x80e5068,0x80041d6c)
Recursive(0x80d70ac,0x80041d6c)
Recursive(0x80e2f8c,0x80041d6c)
Recursive(0x80db8ac,0x80041d6c)
Recursive(0x80d81ac,0x80041d6c)
XtPhase2Destroy(0x80d81ac,0,0)
_XtCallCallbacks(0x8047c88,0)
XtDispatchEvent(0x8047ca0)
XtAppMainLoop(0x80b2c8c)
XtMainLoop()
main(argc=1,argv=0x8047df4,0x8047dfc)   [main.c:98]
_start()
*

If the second dialog shell doesn't contain List, no errors ...

Any ideas/suggestions ?
Paul