[comp.windows.x.motif] List bugs solved in Motif 1.1 ??

mroosen@cst.prl.philips.nl (Monique Roosen) (06/10/91)

Hello,

Because my application contains some XmList widgets, I'm curious
whether the bugs (w.r.t. XmList widgets) known from release 1.0 are solved ??
(I'm not familiar with all the bugs so a list of these bugs is welcome !!)
If not I have to find another solution which simulates multiple file
selection (any suggestions ??).
One of the most annoying bugs is the fact that the application crashes
(sometimes) whenever all of the items in the list are deleted.

The fact that my application still contains the XmList widgets, is merely
based on rumours saying that the bugs should be solved in Motif version 1.1
but now reading some topics about list problems, I'm not so sure anymore.

Any info is welcome !!

Thanks in advance.

Monique Roosen,
Centre for Software Technology,
Philips Eindhoven
--
+-----								         -----+
| Monique Roosen          		"It's not that I'm afraid to die.     |

sdl@aries.lyra.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvinchouk) (06/12/91)

In article <mroosen.676556336@cstw76> mroosen@cst.prl.philips.nl (Monique Roosen) writes:

> Because my application contains some XmList widgets, I'm curious
> whether the bugs (w.r.t. XmList widgets) known from release 1.0 are solved ??
> One of the most annoying bugs is the fact that the application crashes
> (sometimes) whenever all of the items in the list are deleted.

These bugs still seem to be in the version of Motif 1.1 that we have.
However I posted a couple of workarounds to this mailing list.

--
Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (06/12/91)

In article <mroosen.676556336@cstw76>, mroosen@cst.prl.philips.nl (Monique Roosen) writes:
|> The fact that my application still contains the XmList widgets, is merely
|> based on rumours saying that the bugs should be solved in Motif version 1.1
|> but now reading some topics about list problems, I'm not so sure anymore.

I've found that many problems that caused the Motif 1.1 list widget to
crash (especially when used as a scrolling list) were fixed in Motif
1.1.1.

--
Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.