[comp.windows.x.motif] mwm runs on Decstation5000 console, not on supporting Tektronix

athattey@spock.unm.edu (Anant Thattey TAC) (06/14/91)

From: athattey@spock.unm.edu (Anant Thattey TAC)
Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.motif
Subject: Weird : mwm runs on Decstation5000 console, not on supporting Tektronix

Hi, I have a weird problem. We have a Decstation5000 running X, and three supporting
Tektronix XP-27 machines. We have a lot of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) related
software that is to run in the Motif environment. ( Actually I am quite new to all this,
and later on I think I'll be asking a million questions, but for now this is a pressing
problem.)
Now, when I try to bring up mwm from the console (the Decstation5000) it runs very well.
But when I try to bring up mwm from the XP-27 machines, it simply core dumps! Gives a
segmentation fault and core dumps... This is quite baffling, since when I bring up
twm from the XP-27, there are no problems at all.
I spoke with one of the guru's at the computer center here, and he said maybe the software
running the thingmajig from the XP-27's is an older version, and I need to get the latest
release. I'm trying to get that covered. I spoke with the local Tektronix people and they
promised to look into it after I faxed a copy of a typical session.
Can anyone out there make any sense out of this ?
	Thanks,
		--anant
		  (Anant Thattey, TAC)
			athattey@spock.unm.edu