[comp.windows.x.motif] mwm

jtsillas@sprite.ma30.bull.com (James Tsillas) (06/08/91)

I've built Motif 1.1 for SCO Unix 3.2.1 but when I run mwm I don't get
oclock in a round window. In fact none of the shape extensions are working.
Is there something I missed in the build or in the configuration? We have
mwm (motif 1.1) running on a dpx/2 340 server and the shape extensions
work fine. What went wrong?

-Jim.

--
 == James Tsillas                    Bull HN Information Systems Inc. ==
 == (508) 294-2937                   300 Concord Road   826A          ==

dgreen@lanai.cs.ucla.edu (Dan R. Greening) (06/10/91)

In article <JTSILLAS.91Jun8091102@sprite.ma30.bull.com> jtsillas@sprite.ma30.bull.com (James Tsillas) writes:

>I've built Motif 1.1 for SCO Unix 3.2.1 but when I run mwm I don't get
>oclock in a round window. In fact none of the shape extensions are working.
>Is there something I missed in the build or in the configuration? We have
>mwm (motif 1.1) running on a dpx/2 340 server and the shape extensions
>work fine. What went wrong?

If I'm not mistaken, the current SCO X11 is release 3.  Hence, no shapes.
--
____
\  /Dan Greening	Software Transformation	  1601 Saratoga-Sunnyvale Rd

yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee) (06/17/91)

In article <JTSILLAS.91Jun8091102@sprite.ma30.bull.com> jtsillas@sprite.ma30.bull.com (James Tsillas) writes:
>   I've built Motif 1.1 for SCO Unix 3.2.1 but when I run mwm I don't get
>   oclock in a round window. In fact none of the shape extensions are working.
>   Is there something I missed in the build or in the configuration? We have
>   mwm (motif 1.1) running on a dpx/2 340 server and the shape extensions
>   work fine. What went wrong?
>
>   -Jim.

	First, to make shaped windows work with mwm 1.1, you must build with
	the -DSHAPE flag, and you must be building against a X11r4 library.
	Secondly, your server must be X11r4 or later (R2 and R3 based server
	do not support the SHAPE extension).  I suspect either your X server
	on the SCO machine is not R4 (run 'xdpyinfo' to check), or the default
	config files was missing the -DSHAPE flag.  Hope this helps,

	=Mike

--
==  Michael K. Yee <yee@osf.org>      -+-      OSF/Motif Team
==  Open Software Foundation - 11 Cambridge Center - Cambridge, MA  02142