[comp.lang.objective-c] Objective-C book for beginner.

hironobu@sra.co.jp (Hironobu Suzuki) (09/19/90)

I'm a Japanese Programmer in Tokyo.

I'm now looking for Objective-C tutorial book for NeXT user.

thanks in advance.

			Sorry for my poor English.
				--hironobu

			   Hironobu Suzuki
	      Software Research Associates, Inc, Japan.
			  Hirakawa-cho 1-1-1
			      Chiyoda-ku
			     Tokyo Japan
  E-Mail: hironobu@sra.co.jp                Voice: 03-942-4444

UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) (09/22/90)

In article <HIRONOBU.90Sep19163129@ext15.sra.co.jp>, hironobu@sra.co.jp
(Hironobu Suzuki) says:

>I'm a Japanese Programmer in Tokyo.

>I'm now looking for Objective-C tutorial book for NeXT user.

>thanks in advance.

The first book about Objective C is Brad Cox's book.  I don't have the
reference here, sorry.  Try Addison-Wesley or Prentice Hall, and a title
like _Object-Oriented Software Construction_ or some such.

There is no NeXT specific info in it, but it is still quite interesting.

ObjC is enough like Smalltalk that any book on Smalltalk will help
you learn ObjC.  (This assumes you already know C, of course.)

What comes with the NeXT itself??  Surely NeXT must sell some documentation.
It might even be already on the disk, just waiting for you to print it
out.

    good luck.
    Sorry for my absolute and complete lack of any Asian language at all.
    :-)

wiml@milton.u.washington.edu (William Lewis) (09/22/90)

In article <90264.134630UH2@psuvm.psu.edu> UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) writes:
>What comes with the NeXT itself??  Surely NeXT must sell some documentation.
>It might even be already on the disk, just waiting for you to print it
>out.

  Indeed there is. There's an (IMHO well enough written) introduction-
to-objective-C-for-the-C-programmer in the NeXT's online documentation.
I found no need to print it out; you don't need the obscure features
until you're comfortable with the rest of the language ...

--
wiml@milton.acs.washington.edu       Seattle, Washington  | No sig under
(William Lewis)   |  47 41' 15" N   122 42' 58" W  |||||||| construction