[trial.test] test

mcs@fps.com (Mike Sanfratello) (07/10/90)

test - please ignore.

ehg@aramis.rutgers.edu (Eric Goldenberg) (08/11/90)

test
                             __o___
   Eric Goldenberg     	    /______\            ___________________________
ehg@aramis.rutgers.edu      |      |           /  I'm Bart Simpstein !!!   \
  Rutgers University        |      |           |  Who the challah you !!   |
   Piscataway, N.J.         | (.)(.)_______    | Don't have a cow, Moisha! |
                            C      ________)   |        Oy Vay...          |
"Black cats are bad luck;    | ,___|         __/---------------------------/
Bad guys wear black;         |   /
Must have been a white guy   /___\
who started all that..."    /     \
- M.C. Search - 3rd Bass   /       \
==========================/ /|   |\ \=========================================
   HELP!!! I've fallen... and I can't get up !!   I'm having _chest pain_!!!

ehg@aramis.rutgers.edu (Eric Goldenberg) (08/11/90)

another test

sherin@grad2.cis.upenn.edu (Steve Sherin) (08/13/90)

juglawrfyuisgdfh
sdakljfgusdghflus
uasegrfulsaghefd
skuadrflaskdhfjksd
sadjlytfgjshdf

bens@sdimax2.mitre.org (Schimmel) (08/18/90)

test

bs

--
Ben Schimmel     bens@mitre.org

axjvk@acad2.anc.alaska.edu (08/30/90)

this is a test to see whether my post makes it past
acad2a to the rest of the world.

urlichs@iraul1.ira.uka.de (Matthias Urlichs) (08/30/90)

In article <1990Aug29.144431.12@acad2.anc.alaska.edu> axjvk@acad2.anc.alaska.edu writes:
< this is a test to see whether my post makes it past
< acad2a to the rest of the world.
Apparently, the answer is "yes".

dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk (Matthew Farwell) (09/14/90)

This is a test. I want to see what the distribution is like on this
hierarchy. If you see this, please reply to me.

Thanks.

Dylan.
--
Matthew J Farwell                 | Email: dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk
The IBM PC User Group, PO Box 360,|        dylan%ibmpcug.CO.UK@ukc

william@lorien.newcastle.ac.uk (William Coyne) (09/14/90)

dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk (Matthew Farwell) writes:
>hierarchy. If you see this, please reply to me.

Seen on tyneside.

ronald@robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo) (09/15/90)

william@lorien.newcastle.ac.uk (William Coyne) writes:

> dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk (Matthew Farwell) writes:
> >hierarchy. If you see this, please reply to me.
>
> Seen on tyneside.

Umm But it would be nice to see if it's getting out beyond mcsun into
the You-Ess-Ay.  So, please do post if you haven't already seen an
American response, and please do include the Path:  header of this
message so we can see how it got to you !

Thank you.

PS trial.test is the only trial.group I read :-)

PPS Does anyone else besides Europe, Canada and USA get trial.* ?

--
my .signature is on holiday

tale@turing.cs.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) (09/15/90)

In <1990Sep14.221426.4567@robobar.co.uk> ronald@robobar.co.uk (Ronald
S H Khoo):

   Umm But it would be nice to see if it's getting out beyond mcsun into
   the You-Ess-Ay.  So, please do post if you haven't already seen an
   American response, and please do include the Path:  header of this
   message so we can see how it got to you !

Here:

Yes, it is making it to the USA just fine.  Everything from slxsys on
out is pretty well connected; I don't know what the ukc!mcsun!uunet
link is like for speed but once it hits UUNET an article is on a very
large number of sites in a very short amount of time.

trial.* itself seems to be on the sleepy side but I do not think this
is due to terrible connectivity problems.
--
   (setq mail '("tale@cs.rpi.edu" "tale@ai.mit.edu" "tale@rpitsmts.bitnet"))
    I'm worried about the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow.

Trial connectivity is now growing.  (This is, admittedly, a silly place
to discuss it.)  Some areas of Europe are recent additions.

Starting it in the summer made it prone to a slow start.  It is probably time
to promote it again.  Only one group has been a moderate success as of
late, namely trial.misc.legal.software.

It needs a few good active groups to really get going, but the slow start
discourages active groups.  Chicken and egg.

ronald@robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo) (09/16/90)

In article <AJD%K_+@rpi.edu> tale@turing.cs.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) writes:

> I don't know what the ukc!mcsun!uunet
> link is like for speed

Both hops are on leased lines paid for by the UKNet(ukc!mcsun)
EUNet(mcsun!uunet) subscribers because ukc and mcsun are respectively the UK
and European official backbones.  The slowest part of the whole thing is
probably ukc's CPU shortage ;-)

> trial.* itself seems to be on the sleepy side but I do not think this
> is due to terrible connectivity problems.

Um.  Personally, I think trial.* is misguided, so perhaps the net.at.large is
being sensible about this :-)  trial.test is the only trial group I'll read
(seeing as it seems to serve as trial.config as well :-) but I'll carry trial.

Live and let live.  Thanks for the responses, everyone.  Looks like trial's OK
from the physical connectivity point of view.  Have a nice day y'all.  We now
return you to the regularly unscheduled tests.
--
my .signature is on holiday

sarangan@vlsi.waterloo.edu (Andrew M. Sarangan) (10/28/90)

test