[comp.org.sug] SUG mailings

jdd@db.toronto.edu (John DiMarco) (10/03/90)

For some strange reason, any mailings I receive from SUG come via
Denmark. The last time I checked, mail from California got to Toronto
faster (and at less cost) than mail from Denmark.

Perhaps I would receive my mail sooner (and SUG would save money)
if was sent directly to Toronto from California?

John
--
John DiMarco                   jdd@db.toronto.edu or jdd@db.utoronto.ca
University of Toronto, CSRI    BITNET: jdd%db.toronto.edu@relay.cs.net

In article <90Oct3.103718edt.2506@ois.db.toronto.edu> jdd@db.toronto.edu (John DiMarco) writes:
>For some strange reason, any mailings I receive from SUG come via
>Denmark. The last time I checked, mail from California got to Toronto
>faster (and at less cost) than mail from Denmark.

There seems to be a common belief among bulk mailers that Canada is
part of Europe.  ACM mail often comes via the Netherlands for the
same reason.  Surely this *can't* be saving anyone money...
--
Imagine life with OS/360 the standard  | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
operating system.  Now think about X.  |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry