[misc.forsale.computers] *** ZENITH SUPERSPORT 286E LAPTOP 40 MEG - $2,500 ***

gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (11/27/90)

ZENITH SUPESPORT 286E LAPTOP

- Barely used, Purchased this summer
- 80286 12 Mhz MicroProcessor
- 80C287 12 Mhz Math Co-Processor Installed
- One Megabyte Ram (Expandable to 3 Mb)
- Paper-White 16 Shade VGA LCD Display (640 x 480)
- 40 Megabyte Hard Drive (23 ms)
- Internal 3.5" 1.44 Mb High Density Floppy
- External 5.25" 1.2 Mb High Density Floppy Included
- Genius 3-Button Mouse
- Serial, Parallel, Floppy, External VGA, and Expansion Chasis Ports
- Ni-Cad Battery Pack and AC Adapter Unit
- MS-DOS 3.3+ Operating System
- Lots of software installed: (Windows, Wordperfect, Norton's, Pascal, etc.)
- All manuals and carrying case
- $2,500 or best offer (Originally at $2,800)

This machine is in perfect condition and is being sold since
I upgraded to a 386 system.  Please email if interested.

George
PS I had someone make an offer at $2,500 but it fell through so I'm
starting at $2,500 now....
--
George Wang
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (11/29/90)

In article <616@escom.com> al@escom.com (Al Donaldson) writes:
>gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) writes:
>> ZENITH SUPESPORT 286E LAPTOP
>> - $2,500 or best offer (Originally at $2,800)
>> PS I had someone make an offer at $2,500 but it fell through so I'm
>> starting at $2,500 now....
>
>The last I heard, you could pick up a 386 Turbosport for somewhere
>between $2500 and $3000.  New.
>
>Maybe that's why the offer "fell through."  A NEW 386 for the same
>price as a USED 286 --- hmmm, lemme think about that..

Yea, but my friend the 386 Turbosport is being discontinued and
plus it's a terrible machine! No VGA, and big and bulky... The
processor only runs at 16 mhz and isn't much faster than
the 286-12mhz machine.. If you've read reviews on the Turbosport
386 you would have found that the machine got very poor ratings...
But the Supersport 286E has gotten very good ratings... So before
you start being so sarcastic why you don't do some checking
first!
George

--

rocco@nstar.rn.com (Rocco Calderone) (11/30/90)