[misc.forsale.computers] WANTED - long Mac to SCSI cable, and small external HD case

yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee) (02/13/91)

	I am looking for a long (> 6ft) Mac to SCSI cable, and a small
	(smaller than zero-foot print) external hard drive case.  If you
	have either of items taking up extra room in your closet and want to
	get sell it, please send me mail.

	=Mike

--
= Michael K. Yee		-- yee@osf.org or uunet!osf.org!yee --
= OSF/Motif Development

sl242030@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Robert P. Humphrey) (02/13/91)

In article <YEE.91Feb12114616@katana.osf.org> yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee) writes:

>	I am looking for a long (> 6ft) Mac to SCSI cable, and a small
>	(smaller than zero-foot print) external hard drive case.  If you
>	have either of items taking up extra room in your closet and want to
>	get sell it, please send me mail.

	I'm not sure, but I think there's a maximum length that SCSI
cables can be made before the transmision breaks down.  It may very
well be over 6 ft., but that may be why you're having trouble finding
one.

	**DiskDoctor**

toma@bit.UUCP (Tom Arneberg) (02/14/91)

In article <1991Feb13.001119.637@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> sl242030@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Robert P. Humphrey) writes:
>In article <YEE.91Feb12114616@katana.osf.org> yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee) writes:
>>
>>	I am looking for a long (> 6ft) Mac to SCSI cable, and a small
>>	(smaller than zero-foot print) external hard drive case.  If you
>>	have either of items taking up extra room in your closet and want to
>>	get sell it, please send me mail.
>

>	I'm not sure, but I think there's a maximum length that SCSI
>cables can be made before the transmision breaks down.  It may very
>well be over 6 ft., but that may be why you're having trouble finding
>one.
>
>	**DiskDoctor**

No, a six foot SCSI cable is fine. I just received one from a mail order
company brand new for $7.50 (Part number: MC807-6)

	Micro Computer Cable Company
	(313) 941-6500.

-------------------------------------------+----------------------------------+
:-) I'd rather be  ____  Thomas Arneberg   |   #include <std_disclaimer.h>    |
:-) singing in a  |____| Sr. CAD Engineer  +----------------------------------+
:-) barbershop   _|   _| Bipolar Int. Tech.| bit!toma@cse.ogi.edu             |
:-) quartet!    (_)  (_) Beaverton, Oregon | ...!{ogicse,sun,decwrl}!bit!toma |
-------------------------------------------+----------------------------------+

stanfiel@testeng1.misemi (Chris Stanfield) (02/18/91)

In article <1991Feb13.001119.637@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> sl242030@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Robert P. Humphrey) writes:
>	I'm not sure, but I think there's a maximum length that SCSI
>cables can be made before the transmision breaks down.  It may very
>well be over 6 ft., but that may be why you're having trouble finding
>one.
The maximum length of a SCSI bus is 6m for a single-ended version, and
15m if it is differential. This is from my copy of the SCSI spec. I am
afraid I do not know which mode the Mac uses, but whichever, you can
go to 6m (~20ft), anyway - provided Apple read the spec :-)

Chris Stanfield, Mitel Corporation: E-mail to:- uunet!mitel!testeng1!stanfiel
(613) 592 2122 Ext.4960
We do not inherit the world from our parents - we borrow it from our children.