[net.travel] Computer nerd needs vacation suggestions

perl@rdin.UUCP (Robert Perlberg) (08/30/85)

Could anybody suggest someplace that I could go for a week or two that
would appeal to me?

I have very unconventional tastes.  Last year I went to Club Med.  It
was barely enjoyable to me.  No TV, no recognizable food, no compatable
people.  I spent a lot of time playing with the Ataris.  I'm not the
kind that likes outdoor activity.  I don't like beaches or sports
activities.  My main interests are TV and computers.  I don't smoke,
drink, or do drugs.  I don't like group activities (groups bigger than
2, that is).  I like to be able to talk to people in English and
understand them.  I'm a very quiet person and don't like to be roped
into sharing my time with people I don't like.  My fantasy is to meet a
nice girl who likes to talk about computers (especially UNIX!).

Is there any hope that I could find a vacation spot that I would enjoy?

Robert Perlberg
Resource Dynamics Inc.
New York
{philabs|delftcc}!rdin!perl

rchrd@well.UUCP (rchrd = Richard Friedman) (09/02/85)

In article <494@rdin.UUCP>, perl@rdin.UUCP (Robert Perlberg) writes:
> Could anybody suggest someplace that I could go for a week or two that
> would appeal to me?
>
> I have very unconventional tastes.  Last year I went to Club Med.  It
> was barely enjoyable to me.  No TV, no recognizable food, no compatable
> people.  I spent a lot of time playing with the Ataris.  I'm not the
> kind that likes outdoor activity.  I don't like beaches or sports
> activities.  My main interests are TV and computers.  I don't smoke,
> drink, or do drugs.  I don't like group activities (groups bigger than
> 2, that is).  I like to be able to talk to people in English and
> understand them.  I'm a very quiet person and don't like to be roped
> into sharing my time with people I don't like.  My fantasy is to meet a
> nice girl who likes to talk about computers (especially UNIX!).
>
> Is there any hope that I could find a vacation spot that I would enjoy?

No.  The answer is defintely no.
Dont take a vacation.
Stay at work.
There is no place for you.

--

    [rchrd] = Richard Friedman
              Pacific-Sierra Research, 2855 Telegraph #415

bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) (09/11/85)

> Could anybody suggest someplace that I could go for a week or two that
> would appeal to me?
>
> I have very unconventional tastes.  Last year I went to Club Med.  It
> was barely enjoyable to me.  No TV, no recognizable food, no compatable
> people.  I spent a lot of time playing with the Ataris.  I'm not the
> kind that likes outdoor activity.  I don't like beaches or sports
> activities.  My main interests are TV and computers.  I don't smoke,
> drink, or do drugs.  I don't like group activities (groups bigger than
> 2, that is).  I like to be able to talk to people in English and
> understand them.  I'm a very quiet person and don't like to be roped
> into sharing my time with people I don't like.  My fantasy is to meet a
> nice girl who likes to talk about computers (especially UNIX!).
>
> Is there any hope that I could find a vacation spot that I would enjoy?
>
> Robert Perlberg
> Resource Dynamics Inc.
> New York
> {philabs|delftcc}!rdin!perl

Why not save some money and stay in New York.

rchrd@well.UUCP (rchrd = Richard Friedman) (09/16/85)

> > Could anybody suggest someplace that I could go for a week or two that
> > would appeal to me?
> >
> > I have very unconventional tastes.  Last year I went to Club Med.  It
> > was barely enjoyable to me.  No TV, no recognizable food, no compatable
> > people.  I spent a lot of time playing with the Ataris.  I'm not the
> > kind that likes outdoor activity.  I don't like beaches or sports
> > activities.  My main interests are TV and computers.  I don't smoke,
> > into sharing my time with people I don't like.  My fantasy is to meet a
> > nice girl who likes to talk about computers (especially UNIX!).
> >
> > Is there any hope that I could find a vacation spot that I would enjoy?
> >
> > Robert Perlberg
>
> Why not save some money and stay in New York.

I hear they give tours of the sewers of Manhattan.  Why not give it
a try.

--

dupuy@columbia.UUCP (Alex Dupuy) (09/17/85)

In article <191@well.UUCP> rchrd@well.UUCP (rchrd = Richard Friedman) writes:
>> > Could anybody suggest someplace that I could go for a week or two that
>> > would appeal to me?

>> > Is there any hope that I could find a vacation spot that I would enjoy?
>> >
>> > Robert Perlberg
>>
>> Why not save some money and stay in New York.
>
>I hear they give tours of the sewers of Manhattan.  Why not give it
>a try.

No such luck.  The only place I know of that gives tours of the sewers is Paris
(they're called "egouts" there).

@alex