[misc.forsale.computers] AT Bridgeboard For Sale

slv0y@cc.usu.edu (03/03/91)

Commodore A2286D AT Bridgeboard.  Includes 5-1/4" 1.2M Floppy
drive, Janus 2.0 Software, 1M RAM, drive cable, PC speaker with
mounting bracket, all original disks and manuals. Excellent shape.

$600 or best offer (I will consider trades for Amiga software/hardware).

For $700, I will include a Trident 1024 X 768 SVGA card w/512K.
I will pay UPS 2nd day air shipping in the 48 states. :-{)

Reason for sale: I don't use the thing; I want to upgrade the Amiga side.

Offers to:

Jeffrey Barlow
slv0y@cc.usu.edu
(801) 752-6011 (Daytime only)

rrmorris@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Rodney Raym Morrison) (03/05/91)

You might consider dropping your price a little on that AT Bridgeboard:
  I can purchase a brand new one with drive for $475.00
You MIGHT be able to sell it for $400, but I doubt it. Personally, I'll
give you $300 for it.

D-L-K@cup.portal.com (Patrick Andreas Maher) (03/05/91)

Are you sure about that price at $475.00.  This is the new 2286
which is the AT version not the 2088 XT version that would run
around $475.00 with the drive.  This AT version is running at
12.8 MHz with 1 meg on the motherboard and sells in the market
of around 700.00 new with the 1 meg and drive.  Make sure that
you have the facts first.  ~t(Iok
If you can get the AT 2286D Bridgeboard for $475.00 I would love
to purchase for this price.  Please leave me that place and number
where I get the new one.  Thank you

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (03/05/91)

In article <39856@cup.portal.com> D-L-K@cup.portal.com (Patrick Andreas Maher) writes:
>Are you sure about that price at $475.00.  This is the new 2286
>which is the AT version not the 2088 XT version that would run
>around $475.00 with the drive.  This AT version is running at
>12.8 MHz with 1 meg on the motherboard and sells in the market
>of around 700.00 new with the 1 meg and drive.  Make sure that
>you have the facts first.  ~t(Iok
>If you can get the AT 2286D Bridgeboard for $475.00 I would love
>to purchase for this price.  Please leave me that place and number
>where I get the new one.  Thank you

I ordered a new AT Bridgeboard (2286) for $479 through Commodore's Education
deal.  But even if you could not get it that way, a local dealer has them listed
for $625.  YES, they have dropped in price,... ALOT!!!  which makes me believe
that the '386 is very close! ;-)

Oh, also got the 2320 Display enhancer for $179... Seemed like a good deal to
me?!

--
 Guy Dandrea, Network Systems Corp.                       //
 guy@nsco.network.com #129.191.1.1                    \\ //

rrmorris@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Rodney Raym Morrison) (03/06/91)

AT bridgeboard costs $479.00 (oops, I was $4 off)  on the commodore
educational program.

anderson@mrcnext.uiuc.edu (Brent James Anderson) (03/06/91)

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) writes:

>I ordered a new AT Bridgeboard (2286) for $479 through Commodore's Education
>deal.  But even if you could not get it that way, a local dealer has them listed
>for $625.  YES, they have dropped in price,... ALOT!!!  which makes me believe
>that the '386 is very close! ;-)
>
>Oh, also got the 2320 Display enhancer for $179... Seemed like a good deal to
>me?!

Did you have to buy a computer before your dealer would let you purchase these
"add ons" through the educational program?

My dealer just informed me today that he'd called commodore and CBM told him
that he could not sell my the A2630/4 w/o also selling me a computer first.

What do I need a computer for if I want to buy an accelerator.  Obviously,
I've already got one (it just doesn't run fast enough, sheesh :-)

Thanks,
-Beej

rrmorris@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Rodney Raym Morrison) (03/07/91)

As of Feb 1 1990, single items can be bought under the educational discount,
which includes the AT card. Tell your dealer to keep up with HIS business,
since he IS a dealer. I must admit, there are a lot of unprofessional
amiga dealers around.

rrmorris@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Rodney Raym Morrison) (03/07/91)

OOPS again, that date should be Feb 1 1991  -  for single items.

glin@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (George Lin [900116]) (03/15/91)

In article <1991Mar4.222932.14225@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> rrmorris@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Rodney Raym Morrison) writes:
>You might consider dropping your price a little on that AT Bridgeboard:
>  I can purchase a brand new one with drive for $475.00
>You MIGHT be able to sell it for $400, but I doubt it. Personally, I'll
>give you $300 for it.

Some of the people out there are not students/teachers so they can't get the
educational discount!

GLin