[misc.forsale.computers] Amiga 500 setup for sale

dlb5404@tamuts.tamu.edu (Daryl Biberdorf) (03/26/91)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.marketplace misc.forsale.computers
Subject: Amiga 500 setup for sale

  I have the following Amiga hardware and software for sale
  (very preferably as a bundle):

  Amiga 500
    equipped with A501 memory expander (total of
    1 MB RAM) and the standard internal 3.5"
    floppy drive, serial port, parallel port,
    RGB monitor output, composite output,
    and 2 DB-9 mouse/joystick ports.  Also
    comes with the mouse (of course).

  MAST Twindrive
    This is a DUAL external drive for the Amiga.
    It's a VERY low power consumption design and
    doesn't need an external power supply.  It
    has enable/disable switches on both drives for
    those sometimes-finicky games.  This drive is
    super handy on a floppy-only system.

  1084S Color Stereo Monitor
    The basic color Amiga monitor with speakers on both
    sides for the stereo effect.  Also have an antiglare
    filter for it -- it velcroes to the front of the
    monitor.

  Benchmark Modula-2
    Probably the best selling Modula-2 compiler for the
    Amiga.  Has an integrated editor environment based
    on emacs.  Original manual and diskettes included.

  ARexx
    A MUST for all Amiga owners.  A very nice implementation
    of the REXX language for the Amiga.  Includes original
    manual and diskette.

  DPaint II
    Pretty nice paint program (my kid sister loves it!).  Has
    original manual and diskette.

  Populous
    A pretty nifty game -- you get to be one of two Gods over
    a planet.  You can play against the computer or against
    another player (even by modem).  Includes original
    diskette, manual, and box.

  CrossDOS
    A nice utility that lets your mount an Amiga floppy drive
    as an MS-DOS device.  You treat it like any other Amiga
    drive, but it reads and writes MS-DOS disks instead.
    Includes manual and diskette.

  Starglider 2
  World Games
    Miscellaneous games.  Both come with manuals and diskettes.

  Books
    The AmigaDOS Reference manual.
    Programming the Amiga volume 1.

  Miscellaneous
    Whatever else I find in the box of Amiga stuff.  You'll probably
    pick up some disks of shareware (paid for) and PD software
    and maybe a diskette box or two.

I'm selling this system because I don't have the room or time to deal
with two computers.  I hate to sell it because I really like it, but
it's not getting used at all right now and that probably won't change
for a while.  Maybe I'll buy a 3000 later this year.

I guesstimate the new cost for this system at about $1,200.00, assuming
education price for the Amiga 500/1084S along with the going rate
for the software and books.

I'd like to get $700 for the whole bundle, but I'm going to take offers
through Sunday, March 31.  Buyer pays shipping.  I'll take offers
for some of the stuff separately, but they will not be considered until
the April 1st to see if I can sell it as a bundle first.

--Daryl Biberdorf,  dlb5404@{tamuts,rigel}.tamu.edu
  Texas A&M University