[misc.forsale.computers] *** WANTED *** S U N 2 S y s t e m

fpp@leland.Stanford.EDU (Freeman Pascal) (03/26/91)

 **                    =   W  A  N  T  E  D   =                      **

		      Sun 2/170, 2/120, or 2/50
		     ---------------------------

				 with

			       4 Mb RAM
			   SCSI controller
		      QIC24 or QIC11 tape drive
	       ~150+ Mb mass storage (SCSI, MFM or SMD)
			   Monochrome video
			     19" monitor
			Sun 3 keyboard & mouse
			 Ethernet controller
       SunOS 3.4 (or newer) distribution tapes & documentation

  - We would be interested in a whole system or parts to complete
    the above configuration.

  - We are aiming for a final cost (including shipping) less than
    $1000.  If you think we're barking up the wrong a tree please
    let us know (via non-flame mode), we're not really sure what
    the going rate for a Sun is.

  - Preferences:

	- Machine:	2/170 or 2/120 over 2/50
	- tape drive:	QIC24 over QIC11
	- mass storage:	SCSI or SMD over MFM
	- SunOS:	3.5

  - Offers with larger mass storage and/or RAM will get priority.

  - Offers of complete systems will (of course) get priority.  We do
    reserve the right to negotiate for parts of a system :-)

  - Serious offers only, please.

  - Equipment should be in good to mint condition and operational.

  - Seller will be shipping to Clark AB, Republic of Philippines via
    US Mail (no _reliable_ UPS in RP) using PRIORITY mail.  Shipping
    can be negotiated when we arrive a final agreement.

  - Please reply to via email to the address below.

- Matt Newby (msn@gnu.ai.mit.edu)

Cc:  fpp@leland.stanford.edu

P.S. the system is actually for Matt, but the news server at MIT is
     acting flaky so I posted his request.  -Freeman
--
Freeman P. Pascal IV	   John 3:16 -	For the Lord so loved the world that
pascal@wookumz.ai.mit.edu		He sent his only begotten Son, that

david@bcars271.uucp (03/26/91)

In article <1991Mar26.001148.22708@leland.Stanford.EDU> fpp@leland.Stanford.EDU (Freeman Pascal) writes:

> **                    =   W  A  N  T  E  D   =                      **
>
>		      Sun 2/170, 2/120, or 2/50
>		     ---------------------------
[stuff deleted]
>--
>Freeman P. Pascal IV	   John 3:16 -	For the Lord so loved the world that
>pascal@wookumz.ai.mit.edu		He sent his only begotten Son, that
>fpp@leland.stanford.edu			whoever believes in Him should not
>Jesus is LORD of all.			perish but have everlasting life.

Hi there!!
As I have posted before, I know of someone up here in Ottawa, Canada, that
deals with Sun equipment.  I do not know his net address, so his phone
number will have to do.

Contact: Mac Brown               W:613-723-2359

Hope that this helps.

				THE D.J.