Here's a summary of the info I received...

From blk@vanity.mitre.org Wed May 15 07:46:30 1991
Date: Wed, 15 May 91 10:38:13 EDT
From: blk@vanity.mitre.org (Brian L. Kahn)

I don't have the email, but I do have their flyer.  Xport makes the
Mac think your Xterminal or workstation is a Mac screen.  Supports
MOTIF, Open Look, DEC Windows; MacTCP; X11R2-R4.  Requires 2MB memory
and Mac System Tools 5.0 or later.  $495 per Mac, nothing required for
the Xterms.  I've got a purchase req in for a copy.

Perfect Products
1015 Creighton Rd.
Papillion, Nebraska   68128
(402) 339-5507

From kern@arecibo.aero.org Wed May 15 08:13:12 1991
Date: 15 May 91 08:08:00 PDT
From: "JEFFREY C KERN" <kern@arecibo.aero.org>

There was an article about Mac Xport in MacWeek's early May issue.  The
product is from Perfect Products, (402) 339-5507, in Nebraska.  You can
call them for some literature or they sell a $25 demonstration program.
If Xport does everything that they claim then they'll have done a great
deal for Mac-DEC compatibility.  Good luck.

J.C. Kern
kern@arecibo.aero.org

From nazgul@alfalfa.com Wed May 15 09:29:10 1991
From: nazgul@alfalfa.com (Information Junkie)
Date: Wed, 15 May 91 11:45:54 -0400

<Copy of original posting. Thanks!>

From: rick@sparky.IMD.Sterling.COM (Richard Ohnemus)

Well since the people that wrote XPort work down the hall from me I'm
sure that they will appreciate my forwarding this to you:

Macintosh applications are now X Windows compatible!  The
product name is XPort, and a description of it follows:

Product Description

Perfect Products' new XPort package turns the Apple Macintosh into
an X Window System Client.  Adding XPort to your X Windows
environment now makes it possible to execute all Macintosh O/S
applications (such as Excel, Hypercard, Microsoft Word, etc.) from
any X workstation or X terminal.  It is compatable with all workstations (IBM, SUN, DEC, HP, etc.) that support X Windows via TCP/IP.

XPort Features:

    o  The only X Windows System Client available for the native
       Macintosh operating system.
    o  Allows any X server workstation user to execute Macintosh
       applications.
    o  Lets users cut and paste text between X and Macintosh
       applications.
    o  Conforms to all releases of the X Windows System software.
    o  Works with MOTIF, Open Windows, DEC Windows and other common
       window managers.
    o  Supports the Macintosh's local or network printers and disks.
    o  Supports any monochrome display on the Macintosh.
    o  Supports Apple's MacTCP networking software.

To use XPort, you telnet into the Macintosh and logon just like any
other system.  The Macintosh screen appears on your workstation and you
can run it just like any other X client application.  No workstation
software is required (other than telnet and X11 server capabilities).
XPort is available now from:

    Perfect Products
    1015 Creighton Rd
    Papillion, NE  68128

    (402) 339-5507

Try it, you'll like it!

Several people emailed questions about the XPort posting.  I hope
the following discussion answers your specific questions.  If you
have any other questions feel free to email me or call/write:

    Perfect Products
    1015 Creighton Rd.
    Papillion, NE 68128

    (402) 339-5507

XPort allows Macintosh applications to be run from any workstation
or X terminal.  An XPort session begins with the user logging onto
the Macintosh from the X server via Telnet.  The Macintosh desktop
is displayed on the X server in a standard X window, and control
of the Macintosh is transferred to the X server.

MacTCP is required, and allows the XPort Macintosh to communicate
with any X server that uses TCP/IP as the network protocol.  Both
Ethernet and AppleTalk networks are supported via MacTCP.

XPort features include:  full remote operation of the Macintosh
for all applications, userid and password logon protection, the
ability to cut and paste text between X applications and Macintosh
applications; compatibility with all releases of the X Windows
System software, and compatibility with all of the common window
managers (Open Windows, DEC Windows, and OSF/MOTIF, etc.).
Any Macintosh with at least 2 MB of memory can be used as the
Macintosh host.

Server Requirements:  Any X Terminal or workstation that is running an
                      X Server, and TCP/IP (via Ethernet or FastPath,
                      Gatorbox, etc.).

Price:  $495

Purchase Orders can be sent directly to Perfect Products at the address
above (total of $495 + 6% tax -> $524.70).

Availability:  Currently shipping

--
I never receive credit for anything I write! (I'm an Ohnemus. 8-)

Rick Ohnemus                 UUCP:     uunet!sparky!rick
Sterling Software IMD        INTERNET: rick@sparky.IMD.Sterling.COM
1404 Ft. Crook Rd. South     Phone:    (402) 291-8300
Bellevue, NE. 68005-2969     FAX:      (402) 291-4362

[me]
> Great, thanks for the info. Question - this seems to imply that only one
> person can use the Mac at a time. Correct?

[Rick]
Correct. It would be nice if you could have multiple users but, I don't
think that would be possible.

-=-
That seems to cover it pretty well. I'm looking into getting it but haven't
found a source just yet.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA
	Disclaimer: How would I know, I just got here!