[misc.forsale.computers] CZ5000 for sale

hafey@capitol.com (Rob Hafey) (05/31/91)

I have a very nice CZ5000 for sale...$325 or best offer.  This synth is a good
starter MIDI compatable synth.  I bought this thing as just another toy to
play with that now just sits in my office.   The synth is similar to the CZ101
in programming but has more voices, more preset and sound memory, a built in
sequencer, and full sized keys.  I also have a Casio keyboard stand which is
included.

Rob

--

         _____    _          ______
        /____/   /_\        /__ __/     Rob Hafey

beltran@ns.network.com (Tony R. Beltran) (06/01/91)

In article <1991May30.180727.12553@capitol.com> hafey@capitol.com (Rob Hafey) writes:
>I have a very nice CZ5000 for sale...$325 or best offer.  This synth is a good
>starter MIDI compatable synth.  I bought this thing as just another toy to

[stuff deleted]

Just a note to those looking for an inexpensive synth and don't know this
piece...

I used to have one of these.  It was very nice.  It is equivalent to
two CZ1000s - 61 full size keys and the 8 voice PD synthesis.  It is
compatible with all the literature concerning programming the CZ101 etc.
It could be considered one of the first of the "workstation" concept
machines in that it has a fairly nice 8 track sequencer built in and a
decent midi implementation. New it cost around $1000 (I got mine at the
time for around $900 as a discount).  There was an outboard 4 track
sequencer made by Casio at the time.  I don't remember the product name,
but the built-in sequencer on the CZ5000 is two of these.  All in all,
this is a pretty unit.  The only thing lacking was velocity sensitivity
(just like the CZ1000/CZ101).  It is worth consideration especially if
you don't have a lot of money for a full midi setup built from separates.
The sequencer will allow you to play along with it as long as you have not
used up all 8 voices.  You can get 16 voice polyphony from a patch which
doesn't use both banks of oscillators.  This is like the CZ1000 which had
8 voices for single bank patches and 4 voices for two bank patches.

Just thought I would throw in further info...