[misc.forsale.computers] ====== W A N T E D : 2nd Hand Mac II =======

white@vulcan.anu.edu.au (Dave White) (06/15/91)

I will have a contact in Chicago in a couple of weeks and I'm looking to buy
a 2nd Hand Mac II (coz it's cheaper than a new one ;) ) machine.  What I'm
really looking for is something with all of the following:
	o at least a 68030 chip
	o at least 2.5 Megs RAM
	o at least 40 Meg hard disk
	o at least 256 greys
	o would REALLY like extended keyboard
	o system software.

Email responses would be prefered but I will continue to monitor these groups.

Thank you in advance.

Dave White

--
----- Dave "Cleese" White ----------------  WEEKLY PROVERB  -------------------
----- Dave.White@vulcan.anu.edu.au -------  Now for something new: ------------

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun15.092107.7471@newshost.anu.edu.au> white@vulcan.anu.edu.au (Dave White) writes:

>I will have a contact in Chicago in a couple of weeks and I'm looking to buy
>a 2nd Hand Mac II (coz it's cheaper than a new one ;) ) machine.  What I'm
>really looking for is something with all of the following:
>      o at least a 68030 chip

Mac II has a 68020 chip.

>      o at least 2.5 Megs RAM

I don't think *any* Mac II series machine can have this RAM
configuration, can it?
]jas
Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu                    	| University of Southern California

km@speedy.cs.pitt.edu (Ken Mitchum) (06/18/91)

>>      o at least 2.5 Megs RAM
>
>I don't think *any* Mac II series machine can have this RAM
>configuration, can it?
>]jas

Right. A MacII has 8 slots for simms, and they must be put in
in banks of 4, so you can have 1, 2, 4, 5, or 8 mb. A MacPlus,
however, has 4 slots which can be put in in banks of two,
giving you .5, 1, 2, 2.5, or 4 mb. 2.5mb = 2 256K simms and
2 1M simms.

 -Ken Mitchum KY3B
 km@cs.pitt.edu

white@vulcan.anu.edu.au (Dave White) (06/18/91)

In article <18273@venera.isi.edu> jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) writes:
In article <1991Jun15.092107.7471@newshost.anu.edu.au> white@vulcan.anu.edu.au (Dave White) writes:

>I will have a contact in Chicago in a couple of weeks and I'm looking to buy
>a 2nd Hand Mac II (coz it's cheaper than a new one ;) ) machine.  What I'm
>really looking for is something with all of the following:
>      o at least a 68030 chip

Mac II has a 68020 chip.

*no-one* wants to buy a Mac II , I was wanting a MacII*
>      o at least 2.5 Megs RAM

I don't think *any* Mac II series machine can have this RAM
configuration, can it?

That's why I said at least !

]jas

Aside: The things people find to nit pick with. :)

--
----- Dave "Cleese" White ----------------  WEEKLY PROVERB  -------------------
----- Dave.White@vulcan.anu.edu.au -------  Now for something completely ------

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun18.100904.15537@newshost.anu.edu.au> white@vulcan.anu.edu.au (Dave White) writes:

>In article <18273@venera.isi.edu> jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) writes:
>In article <1991Jun15.092107.7471@newshost.anu.edu.au> white@vulcan.anu.edu.au (Dave White) writes:
>
>>I will have a contact in Chicago in a couple of weeks and I'm looking to buy
>>a 2nd Hand Mac II (coz it's cheaper than a new one ;) ) machine.  What I'm
>>really looking for is something with all of the following:
>>      o at least a 68030 chip
>
>Mac II has a 68020 chip.
>
>*no-one* wants to buy a Mac II , I was wanting a MacII*

Oh, I see.  When you said you wanted to buy a "Mac II", I thought you
meant you wanted to buy a Mac II.

>>      o at least 2.5 Megs RAM
>
>I don't think *any* Mac II series machine can have this RAM
>configuration, can it?
>
>That's why I said at least !

Why not say at least something it actually can have?

>]jas
>
>Aside: The things people find to nit pick with. :)

Aside: yeah!