[comp.sys.amiga.games] Datastorm

mark@calvin..westford.ccur.com (Mark Thompson) (05/26/90)

In article <1990May25.154156.24591@nada.kth.se> nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:
>A new place to write....
>
>So, have anybode beaten my high score on Bloodmoney??
>     >>>>>>> 212 000 <<<<<<

I am lucky to last more than 2 minutes.
However, has anyone gone beyond 289,000 in DataStorm? This is
my all-time high. I died in the 22nd wave. This is in the normal
mode (not that wimpy slow one). Also, does anyone know of any
secret backdoors for things like infinite lives or shields?
|      Mark Thompson                                                     |
|      masscomp!mark               Designing high performance graphics   |
|      (508)392-2480               engines today for a better tomorrow.  |

nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (05/26/90)

Just to crush your dreams, A friend of mine got 550 000 on Datastorm!

And if you want a cheat: Just go inside the game with a monitor and change
                         the bytes you need. Or buy a cartridge to the Amiga
                         who doeas the job for you!

Ron Birk, nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se

vilkas@ultima.cs.uts.oz (Iron Wolf) (05/28/90)

I got 1,000,000+ then got bored!

Iron Wolf

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (05/29/90)

Has anyone deciphered the message in that 'nonsense screen' that is displayed
when the intro is left running?

The clue is in the vowels...  I've thrown everything I've got at it.

Dave Hopper      |      ///  Yesterday, CS.	      | "God does not play
                 |     ///    Today, Anthro/History.  | dice!" -Einstein
bard@jessica.    | \\\///                             | I wouldn't think Dice'd
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Tomorrow... bleeding ulcers. | be popular up there.