[comp.sys.amiga.games] Stunt Track Racer

watters@ellipse.eng.ohio-state.edu (david r watters) (05/30/90)

Of all the games I have ever seen on any system, Stunt Track Racer has got
to be the best!  I have been totaly obsessed by this game, which enjoyably
has no way to cheat and is nothing close to repetitive!

I had spent a log time getting to the super league and trying to win
division 4, it seemed like I would never win.  Division 3 wasn't so bad
once I got to it, but Division 2 (in the super league) was IMPOSSIBLE!

For weeks I played every night trying to make it to division 1, I thought
I would never get there.  Well I finaly made it.  My question?  Has anyone
made it this far and has anyone won division 1 in the super league!

My only beefs:

The computer cannot go off the track, no matter what.  In division 3 in S.L.
he even goes around a turn while partialy in the air! :-/
The computer never runs out of boost or wrecks his chassis!  If you get into
a bumping dual with the computer, you will always loose.

I do not know how the game would change if the above points were fixed.
It might become too easy if you could ram the computer off the track like
you can while playing somebody with a null modem, which by the way, is
AWSOME!

|                              |                                              |
|  David Watters               |   If you take a piece of crap, and sell      |
|  The Ohio State University   |   millions of them... each one is still a    |
|  watters@cis.ohio-state.edu  |   piece of crap.  (Proof: Appl* & Nint*ndo)  |
|______________________________|______________________________________________|

bscott@nyx.UUCP (Ben Scott) (05/31/90)

In article <80989@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> <watters@ellipse.cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>Of all the games I have ever seen on any system, Stunt Track Racer has got
>to be the best!  I have been totaly obsessed by this game, which enjoyably
>has no way to cheat and is nothing close to repetitive!

Agreed!  I'm hardly what anyone could call a game player; I've even given up
Tetrix, but this one is really amazing.  I buy perhaps one game a year, so far
I've gotten F-18 and Starglider II, and I decide what to buy on the basis of
shelf life.  So far, I've chosen well; if I had time I'd still be playing both
previous games even though I've finished them several times.  But I saw (as it
was then) Stunt Car Racer at a User Group meeting and I was hooked.  It took
months for the local store to even have any in stock, but finally I got one.
It is just incredible; the only way I can describe it is as an automotive
flight simulator...

>I would never get there.  Well I finaly made it.  My question?  Has anyone
>made it this far and has anyone won division 1 in the super league!

I've made it that far but haven't had time to go further.  I'm not even sure
I've made it with no holes in the frame, but I'm sure I have no more than one.

>you can while playing somebody with a null modem, which by the way, is
>AWSOME!

YEAH!  There are all KINDS of neat things you can do with two Amigas, like I
have (the second one was only $125, OK?).  For example you can drive off the
track intentionally, then when you are positioned over the track, drive the
OTHER car directly under it, and then release the first car... it's neat -
you start to fall, the second car's shocks register the impact, and the first
car bounces right off the track.

Question:  In the 4th level (first division) track with the drawbridge that
moves up and down, how can I get to it at a point where it won't slap me in the
bumper?  How do I time it just right so that I get there without having to slow
down and wait for a good time?  The computer manages it somehow...

.                           <<<<Infinite K>>>>

--
|Ben Scott, professional goof-off and consultant at The Raster Image, Denver|
|Internet bscott@nyx.cs.du.edu, FIDO 1:104/421.2 or Arvada 68K (303)424-9831|