[comp.sys.amiga.games] Picks for best games.

bscott@nyx.UUCP (Ben Scott) (06/07/90)

In article <10185@stiatl.UUCP> bgi@stiatl.UUCP (Brad Isley) writes:
>In article <1264@nyx.UUCP> bscott@nyx.UUCP (Ben Scott) writes:
>>For what it does, StarGliderII is one of the most impressive games graphically
[...]
>>a shame that it's no longer made, but I hear the author did quite well by it.
>
>Which reminds me.  I have an original StarGlider II disk.  No docs.  They
>were lost.  Now, the question is, is anyone willing to mail a copy of the
>docs to me?  Yes, I'd be quite willing to buy a used copy if that's what

Bummer... you missed out on not only the 30 seconds of digitized theme music
but the 10-minute cassette of same - a good song.  I'd suggest you get a
"cracked" version if you know any pirates, except that so far as I know none
of those versions salvaged the digitized theme music.  I'm not positive, but
no pirate I've ever talked to has ever heard of the theme music, even though
they "have the game"... it's not just the docs you need but the "novella"
which is where the password protection comes from.

>>Also Stunt Track Racer is very very good.  I just wish I had the time for it.

>Agreed, this game is awesome.  My friend has it and I tried it out.  Can't
>wait to buy my own copy so we can duke it out over the phone!

Sorry... Stunt Track only works over a NULL-MODEM cable, it will NOT operate
over a modem.  Luckily, I happen to have two Amigas and a homebrew cable (from
my experimentation with DNET) so all's I gotta do is drag the TV in and bring
a friend over and go for it.   You and your friend will have to bring your two
Amigas together, and if neither of them are 1000s buy a standard null-modem
cable.  Then you could theoretically run off one copy because it doesn't
reference the disk after it's loaded.  It's how I have to do it; no way am I
buying two copies for use in the same ROOM.

.                           <<<<Infinite K>>>>

--
|Ben Scott, professional goof-off and consultant at The Raster Image, Denver|
|Internet bscott@nyx.cs.du.edu, FIDO 1:104/421.2 or Arvada 68K (303)424-9831|