[comp.sys.amiga.games] F29-RELIATOR

olivier@hpgnd.HP.COM (Olivier BORDES) (06/06/90)

I am looking for F29 RELIATOR which seems to be currently the
best flight simulator on Amiga.
Does anyone around here has the address of a shop where I  could
find it ?

Olivier Bordes
olivier@hpgnd

gmb@iclswe.uucp (Grahame Budd) (06/07/90)

olivier@hpgnd.HP.COM (Olivier BORDES) writes:

>I am looking for F29 RELIATOR which seems to be currently the
>best flight simulator on Amiga.
>Does anyone around here has the address of a shop where I  could
>find it ?

>Olivier Bordes
>olivier@hpgnd

F29 is one of the best filght GAMES but is nowhere as good as FALCON as a
flight sim. The F29 doesn't feel like any sort of plane, (i.e. bank doesn't
"lean" etc). FALCON is however rather dificult to learn.

I became bored with F29 after about 10 hours play time, though it is an above
average game.

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) (06/08/90)

In article <1990Jun7.120835.8816@iclswe.uucp> gmb@iclswe.uucp (Grahame Budd) writes:

>   F29 is one of the best filght GAMES but is nowhere as good as FALCON as a
>   flight sim. The F29 doesn't feel like any sort of plane, (i.e. bank doesn't
>   "lean" etc). FALCON is however rather dificult to learn.

A few things... first of all, as a "flight sim" the only real game to get
is the one and only Flight Simulator II. If you really want an F-16
simulator then Jet is actually much better than Falcon, at least in
response and actual control.

Playing Falcon, you can bank your plane VERY far over and still not even
begin to execute a turn... I think that kinda stinks.

Also, if you had read the docs to F29, you might have noticed that the F29
doesn't fly like any current plane... ever movement is complemented by the
forward-swept wings, and controlled by an on-board computer... hence, it's
not going to "feel" like a plane because there is no plane like it.

Besides, why would you want to fly an F-whatever if you weren't going to go
around blowing things up?

All in all, i think F-29 has much better graphics (cool scenery), sound,
animation, speed, challenge, depth, and especially much more interestng
missions than Falcon.

Jason Greene
mofo@bucsf.bu.edu

xrtnt@bethe.gsfc.nasa.gov (Nigel Tzeng) (06/08/90)

In article <MOFO.90Jun7145737@bucsf.bu.edu>, mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) writes...
^In article <1990Jun7.120835.8816@iclswe.uucp> gmb@iclswe.uucp (Grahame Budd) writes:
^
^
^>   F29 is one of the best filght GAMES but is nowhere as good as FALCON as a
^>   flight sim. The F29 doesn't feel like any sort of plane, (i.e. bank doesn't
^>   "lean" etc). FALCON is however rather dificult to learn.
^
^A few things... first of all, as a "flight sim" the only real game to get
^is the one and only Flight Simulator II. If you really want an F-16
^simulator then Jet is actually much better than Falcon, at least in
^response and actual control.

Jet?  All the planes in Jet feel the same.  As far as I can tell the only thing
that changes is the weapons load.  Then again the one I got was from a who
ditched his A1000 so I assume that it is fairly old.  (Picked up a 386 w/targa
some such instead...)  I have the original boot disk but not the docs so I
don't know if anything is supposed to change.  I don't play it anymore anyway.

^
^Playing Falcon, you can bank your plane VERY far over and still not even
^begin to execute a turn... I think that kinda stinks.

Have you noticed that the Migs in the Amiga Falcon are a lot easier than the PC
Falcon?  Even in Mig ace mode.  They make one pass maybe a yoyo and then enter
a tightish turn.  Once there all you need is patience to close tighter. Two or
three migs does get more complicated but with 9Ls you might get a lucky tag in
on one of them during the head on encounter.

I can't believe it's my copy since the Mig 29s in counterstrike do the same
thing as the older migs in the original.

^
^Also, if you had read the docs to F29, you might have noticed that the F29
^doesn't fly like any current plane... ever movement is complemented by the
^forward-swept wings, and controlled by an on-board computer... hence, it's
^not going to "feel" like a plane because there is no plane like it.
^
^Besides, why would you want to fly an F-whatever if you weren't going to go
^around blowing things up?
^
^All in all, i think F-29 has much better graphics (cool scenery), sound,
^animation, speed, challenge, depth, and especially much more interestng
^missions than Falcon.

I picked up the Falcon Mission disk and it is superb.  Much more fun than the
original.  I'll probably pick up F29 since it seems a lot of people like it but
I might not.  Right now I own more "flight" type games than I can shake a stick
at.  Is it HD installable?  I happen to like the Falcon code disk better than
any disk based protection scheme.  My DF0 sounds like a blender as it is
and having some idiot protection grind it more annoys me.

^
^Jason Greene
^mofo@bucsf.bu.edu

NT

   // | Nigel Tzeng - STX Inc - NASA/GSFC COBE Project
 \X/  | xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov

Amiga | Standard Disclaimer Applies:  The opinions expressed are my own.