[comp.sys.amiga.games] InfoCom's Journey

ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET (Erick Dyke) (06/08/90)

Has anyone out there got by the part in InfoComs Journey where you have to
talk to the female elf???

When I first came across it I said to myself, "Oh, this is the part of the
game where InfoCom wants you to type in something from the map, or the
manual to continue" (I kind of like the fact that their security is
worked into the game)  However, I have searched my documents several times,
searched a copy at a store by my house, and called InfoCom.  They say
that they do not give hints over the phone!  I cant find this elven
speak anywhere!!!

Can Anybody Help?????

Thanks! -- Erick.   ESDYKE AT MTUS5.BITNET

dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov (Chris Dueker) (06/10/90)

In article <90159.004026ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET>, ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET (Erick Dyke) writes...
>Has anyone out there got by the part in InfoComs Journey where you have to
>talk to the female elf???
>
>When I first came across it I said to myself, "Oh, this is the part of the
>game where InfoCom wants you to type in something from the map, or the
>manual to continue" (I kind of like the fact that their security is
>worked into the game)  However, I have searched my documents several times,
>searched a copy at a store by my house, and called InfoCom.  They say
>that they do not give hints over the phone!  I cant find this elven
>speak anywhere!!!
>
>Can Anybody Help?????
>
>Thanks! -- Erick.   ESDYKE AT MTUS5.BITNET

Sure!  As a hint try using some combination of the words that your dwarf
guide (forgot his name) used.  You may have to ask him to tell you tales
or legends or something like that.  If you hit the right combo (try, like
2 or 3 times), she'll answer you in English.

Now, how's 'bout somebody helping me in that game.  Is there any way to
get the water essence from the stream (remember the gold?) without losing
the map in the flash flood?

Can Anybody Help?????

Thanks!

"Ah, Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intellegence!"
"Oh, thank you, Master!"             - from the movie, TIME BANDITS
dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov        |   Chris Dueker (The Code Slinger)
duke@well.sf.ca.us               |   Mtn. View, CA  (Sillycon Valley!)

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (06/10/90)

In article <51321@ames.arc.nasa.gov> dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov writes:
>In article <90159.004026ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET>, ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET (Erick Dyke) writes...
>
>Now, how's 'bout somebody helping me in that game.  Is there any way to
>get the water essence from the stream (remember the gold?) without losing
>the map in the flash flood?
>
>Can Anybody Help?????

Sure, I can!

First, a hint. If that doesn't help, mail for a "cheat"....

"Floods are on the ground!"

That should be a dead giveaway!

Good luck!

--
"This ain't Rock 'N Roll, |  These be my words, not my employer's!
 this is Genocide!"       |Dave Lowrey - Amdahl Corp. - Houston, TX