[comp.sys.amiga.games] "Digital Games Review Digest"

taylor@limbo.Intuitive.Com (Dave Taylor) (06/12/90)

This note is to inform new Usenet readers of the existence of Digital
Games Review Digest, an online magazine devoted to computer and video
game reviews.  We're interested in just about any games that run on
computers, including IBM PC, Atari, Amiga, Macintosh, Apple II and
Unix computers, as well as video games for the Nintendo, Sega, NEC,
Atari, and so on.  We also be covering games for the portable market
(e.g. the Atari Lynx and Nintendo GameBoy).

What's different about DGRD?  It's a *REVIEWS ONLY* mailing list, with
all submissions edited to fit into a common and consistent format.
Discussion of the relative merits of different gaming computers, technical
disputes about resolution required to display 3D graphics, and general
flaming and hostility are left to the many different newsgroups on the net.

If you would like to subscribe to this electronic-mail-only digest, please
send a subscription request note including your favorite email return
address to:

	digital-games-request@Digital-Games.Intuitive.Com

If you would like to submit reviews for any issue of the digest, or have
other topics that you'd like to chat about, send a note to:

	digital-games-submissions@Digital-Games.Intuitive.Com

Digital Game Review Digest has proven to be a terrific alternative to the
unpleasant, hostile flame wars that seem to result in just about any game
review being posted to the net...and it's another nice alternative
information source for game recommendations and reviews to boot!

A sample issue is posted as a followup to this article for your perusal.

{note: if "Digital-Games.Intuitive.Com" doesn't work, then please try
       the address "decwrl!limbo!digital-games-request" instead. }

		Looking forward to hearing from all of you!!

						-- Dave Taylor
Intuitive Systems
Mountain View, California

taylor@limbo.intuitive.com    or   {uunet!}{decwrl,apple}!limbo!taylor

taylor@limbo.Intuitive.Com (Dave Taylor) (06/12/90)

[Sample issue of DGRD: see end of article for subscription information]

                     Digital Games Review Digest, Number 4

                             Monday, June 11th 1990

Today's Topics:

   IBM PC: 			  "MechWarriors"
   IBM PC: 			  "Neuromancer"
   Amiga: 		       "The Third Courier"
   Nintendo GameBoy: 	       "Flipull" and "Qix"
   Nintendo GameBoy: 		    "Batman"
   Mac: 		    "The Duel: Test Drive II"

From: Bard <24945863@WSUVM1.BITNET>
Subject: IBM PC: "MechWarriors" by Activision
Date: Sat, 19 May 90 21:22:18 PLT

MechWarriors is a futuristic combat simulation with a quest added
to increase player stress.  You start with a Jenner, a combat machine
which you control in battle, Jenners are one of the weakest of the
mechs, with BattleMasters rated the best.  However, you only start with
1.5 million c-bills, and even a damaged BattleMaster can run over
8 million c-bills.  As you increase in ability and gain a reputation
as a mercenary, you can attract crew members, some of which maybe
better at running a mech than you.

The point of the game is to hire out as a mercenary to gain money
for better mechs and to pay crew, there are many worlds to travel to
in search of mercenary contracts.  Extensive travel is also necessary
to complete your quest.  In five years gametime, a traitor in pay to
the House Kurita will take control of Ander's Moon.  You are the true
heir to the dukedom of Ander's Moon, and saw your family murdered.
Now, you are in self-exile while you search for the Chalice of Herne
which will prove your innocence and allow you to claim your title.

Once you pick up the trail leading to the Chalice, it is easy
to follow, figuring out where to start may take awhile.  This is
a wonderful game, the only one which has managed to make me stay up
all night playing.  But, there are problems.  A friend and I used
a hex editor to give us more money, yes, we cheated, it also took
a lot of frustration out of the game.  Even with the extra money,
it took almost 5 years of gametime before we felt confident enough
to go after the Chalice, and it took five trys to gain it.

Combat is realistic, long periods of boredom broken by moments
of sheer terror.  No, it's not that bad, but opposing forces usually
start at opposite ends of the combat zone, and it takes several minutes
to close into firing range.  I'd recommend playing off a hard drive
on a fast computer, I know the game's available for IBM, not sure
about other types of computer.  More nits, the combat graphics
tend to "hang up" a little when there are lots of things moving on the
screen.  The fourth crew member often is dropped in an inconvenient
location, or refuses to move to engage enemy forces when defending
a base.  And, the biggest nit.  The main quest, gaining the dukedom, is
trival once the trail is picked up.  In other words, there is only
one path to victory.  While a few choices must be made, all but the right
ones lead to death or dead-ends, and those choices aren't even presented
unless the previous world has been visited.

Don't let that stop you though, combat is a big part of the game,
and it's main attraction.  Overall, the combat simulation is wonderful
despite a tendency for the keyboard to be sluggish.  The second goal
of the game(excellent ratings in gunnery and piloting for you personally,
and elite rating as a mercenary outfit) has no time limit and gives
an excuse for an addict to keep playing.  It was a well spent $40.

Rating: 9 out of 10

Stephanie Manke

------------------------------

From: Glen Matthews <CCGM@MCGILLM.BITNET>
Subject: IBM PC: "Neuromancer"
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 90 08:30:31 EDT

Neuromancer is an animated game (on several platforms, I think)
based on the book by William Gibson of the same name.  The book is
science fiction (as is the game) - more precisely, "cyberpunk" - and
deserves a read by all addicted network and computer freaks (even by
others!).  (Addresses, etc., are given at the end.)

The book (and the game) postulates a future where Japanese corporations
rule the electronic roost, where society is intertwined with various
networks, and where the networks themselves have taken on an almost
physical existance. Cyberdeck "cowboys" (read hackers to a higher
power) use the network by visualizing a collective delusion known as
"cyberspace". In this space, entered by using software on their
portable cyberdecks (sort of a cross between a portable PC and stereo),
these individuals use their skills to wander cyberspace and break into
various databases, thus liberating information etc. worth real money.
Within cyberspace, databases are actually visualized as objects, and
the distance between bases is seen as empty cyberspace.  There is a
total sensory involvement, to the extent that your own body's needs
could be forgotten and you could actually DIE there.  (Such a death is
as real as a death in the real world, by the way.)

Cyberspace cowboys are mercenaries or soldiers of fortune, so to speak.
However, the corporations are not completely defenseless. Far from it.
They equip their databases with something called ICE (Intrusion
Countermeasures Electronics) that resists the infiltration attempts of
the cowboys and in fact can fight back, to such an extent that the
unwary trespasser can be made braindead.  Needless to say, software was
developed to penetrate this ICE, and the fight is on. An interesting
aspect is the military software angle, where some of the best
Ice-breaking software comes from.

Another twist in this future of ours is the existance of AIs
(Artifical Intelligences) with a legal life of their own, to such an
extent that legal prohibitions exist to limit their activities so as to
keep us (humans) in charge of our own affairs. But of course, we delude
ourselves if we think that this can truly happen, and so these AIs wind
up in charge of things after all, behind the scenes.

The game situation is that you the protagonist are down and out in
Chiba City, with only a few credits and a larger debt to your name.
You are pitted against various AIs, but at the beginning, you don't
even know this, and are hard pressed to pay for your meal. As the game
goes on, you gather information, a cyberdeck, icebreaking software, and
the necessary skills and knowledge needed to crack into tightly guarded
databases. You do this by discovering passwords, reading other people's
mail, breaking into systems where you don't belong, and in general
behaving just like a computer crook - which as it turns out, you are,
as that is what the cyberspace jockeys do; they live on the edge of the
law.

The game is fascinating and frustrating. I've had it for 1/2 year,
and still have not resolved it satisfactorily (although now I'm close).
Of course, I haven't been playing it intensively, but I believe that it
is challenging enough to hold one's interest.

The easiest way to get hooked on it is to read Gibson's book, and
then you'll be looking for the game. If you think that the game can't
live up to the book, then think again. It does.

The game is copyrighted in 1988, and is published by Interplay
Productions, 1575 Corporate Drive, Costa Mesa, California 92626; the
phone number is (714) 549-2411.

A final note: if anyone wishes to correspond with me about this game,
please don't be shy: send me mail. I'm interested in this game and the
cyberpunk world itself, and in one way I guess I wish that the game
doesn't end ...

Glen Matthews
CCGM@MCGILLM.BITNET

------------------------------

From: kosma%human-torch@STC.LOCKHEED.COM (Monty Kosma)
Subject: Amiga: The Third Courier
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 90 13:48:36 PDT

The Third Courier is kind of like a "spy/espionage" version of Bards Tale.
The feel of the game (screen layout, movement commands and images, sound)
really is lots like Bard's Tale, but the game concept and play is (IMHO)
much more interesting.

It's a pretty basic espionage storyline:  there's three components to
some NATO plans which three couriers were bringing to some meeting
somewhere...two couriers turned up dead, and now the third one is in
Berlin, saying that he has all three parts and he's going to sell out
to the highest bidder.  Your job is to recover the goods, basically.
You start out with some deutschmarks, an ATM card, a Smith&Wesson, and
your US passport.  At Mission Control you can get outfitted with a
host of James Bond type equipment, and more stuff can be purchased
from the black market in West Berlin.

The first task is to explore all the buildings in West Berlin (there's
lots of offices, shops, bars, restaurants, hotels, and apartments, as
well as subway stations, "my apartment," mission control, street
vendors, and a few other "special" places).  The main job here is to
find out which places in the city have people or things which are
useful or interesting, and which are just your "standard everyday
shops."  Then, with the help of under-the-table cash, one starts to
collect information and make contacts with the especially helpful
people in the city (like the shoemaker who is REALLY a NATO agent...).
around the city (like the shoemaker who REALLY is a NATO agent...).

There is plenty of territory to explore, with more territory and more
special devices becoming available as your agent increases in skill
and experience.  For example, after a certain amount of experience,
Mission Control's supply division gets some new equipment in,
including flashlights (useful for exploring the dark tunnels under the
city) and bugs (the better to HEAR you with, my dear third courier).

All in all, it's a quite absorbing game, and probably the best I've
seen at combining elements of both role-playing and adventure-type
games.

On the Amiga, a fully multitasking computer, it's a big bonus for a
game to be system-friendly.  Too many products out there use
disk-based copy protection or take over the entire machine (most that
do this are straight ports of games from other machines).  In these
cases, the user must reboot his machine before and after playing the
game.  This presents problems for users who like to switch back and
forth between a game and other applications, or for users who
typically leave their machine in a complex state that they do not wish
to disrupt just to play a game.  Fortunately, more and more games are
realizing this and turning to non-disk-based copy protection, and The
Third Courier is among them.  It's EASILY hard-disk installable, and
quite system friendly.  The copy protection is codeword-based (well,
it's a spy game :-), and quitting the game leaves the Amiga in the state
it was in before the game was played.  The only problem is that if one
switches screens while playing the game, it's not yet clear to me if
it is possible to pause the game in a manner such that "time stops"
while you're in another process.  Still, it's integration into the
system is definitely a step in the right direction over most games
I've seen.

In summary, for what I can say after playing with it for a day or two, I
recommend The Third Courier.

------------------------------

From: Dave Taylor <taylor@limbo.intuitive.com>
Subject: GameBoy: "Flipull" and "Qix"
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 90 13:54:54 PDT

One of the best trends with games for the Nintendo GameBoy is the continuing
addition of new arcade titles.  In the queue for the unit include Gauntlet II,
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Paperboy, Duck Tales, and more.  Already out
include two titles that I'll be looking at here; Flipull and Qix.

Flipull is a game that I'll reluctantly call "highly addictive".  Not
because I don't like the game -- I'm actually quite engrossed in it -- but
because that's just one of those silly and annoying marketing phrases that
usually means that the game *isn't* highly addictive!  Honestly, this is
one of the most interesting and engrossing carts to show up on the GameBoy,
and it's perfectly suited to the small screen, private viewing, and grey
scale graphics.

The premise is that you're a blob holding onto a block that you have to
throw at a large pile of blocks, with the end goal being to clear the
pile down to a minimum (less than 7, typically).  Each block, however,
has a symbol on it, either a square, circle, "x" or small "taito" logo
(which looks amusingly similar to the Atari logo!), including the one
that you're holding.  The wrinkle is that you can only remove blocks
whose symbol matches the one you're holding -- and you do that by
"throwing" the block at the appropriate block in the pile.  If there
are a couple of blocks with a similar symbol in a row, you can quickly
score thousands of points by removing them all at once (indeed, if you
can remove five or more you also get spare "special" blocks too).

When you've removed blocks, the block *behind* those is thrown back to
you (e.g. if you have an 'o' and the line you throw the block at is
'oox' then you'll remove the two 'o' blocks and have the 'x' block
returned to you).  Blocks can hit the back wall and fall to the bottom
too, so L shaped multiple block removals are possible too.

Sounds pretty simple, doesn't it?  The trick in this game, the part
where strategy truly comes into play, is that there are typically at
least two or three places you can throw your block at, and the best
move is related to what block you'll end up with, and how that will
help your game.  You need to look ahead at least a single move, and
typically at least two, to not end up being given a block that has
no matches on the edge of the block pile.  If this happens, it's
called a "miss" and, if you have spare "special blocks", you'll get
one of those instead.  They serve as wild card blocks, and can match
anything, but they're in very limited supply!  If you have too many
misses, then the game ends with "you have no next move!".

You get three continues, thankfully, so you can blow it a few times
and still get up to some interesting levels.  Each level is timed and
each has an indicator of the pile size 'goal' displayed too.  Running
out of time with *any* moves left makes for a quick game end, which
can be a bit frustrating when, say, you need to get the pile down to
7 or less, it's at 5, but you have a move when the timer runs out.

Nonetheless, Flipull is a WONDERFUL game that I highly recommend.  It's
terrific fun, highly engrossing, and even, dare I say it, highly
addictive too.  If you like puzzle games, then definitely check it out.

Qix is another interesting entry in the GameBoy market, and is based on
the old but popular arcade game of the same name.  The premise of this
game is vaguely similar to the motorcycle game in Tron; you need to move
your character around on the screen sectoring off squares until you've
managed to enclose at least 75% of the screen.  Making this more difficult
is the qix, a sort of energy creature, that bounces off enclosed sectors
and kills you if it hits you, or hits a line that you're drawing to enclose
an area.  Even more annoying are the "sparks" that zip along the inner
edges of the playing area, and kill you if they touch you.

In the original Qix, there are two different speeds with which you can
enclose a space; fast or slow.  The slower speed gains many more points
for you, but it's commensurately more dangerous since it is a *lot*
slower than the fast speed.  On the GameBoy this has been faithfully
translated into the "A" button being fast speed and "B" being slow.  You
can't change speed in the middle of a line, but you can certainly build
lots of tiny fast blocks to give you a minimal distance to span to enclose
a large area with the slower speed, garnering the 'slow speed' score for
that entire area.

A typical strategy for this game is to exploit that and build up a tower
of small rectangular blocks in the middle of the screen, then before you
hit the top tilt it left and try to create almost a "swirl" of enclosed
area.  Bring it almost to the edge of the screen, then use the slow speed
to enclose the entire outer region; I've gotten tens of thousands of points
quite easily with this maneuver.

The GameBoy version of this game really is quite good, and there are even
nifty bonus screens at different scoring levels (I've only hit the first
one with my best score of 149,800; it's a fireworks show above a city
skyline).  Overall, however, I'd have to say that for me, Qix just doesn't
have the level of interest and strategy that Flipull has, and I would
say that it's on the list of "try it before you buy it" unless you're
already familiar with, and enthused about, Qix (which is, btw, available
on PCs, Macintosh, and even under X Windows on Unix).

	Flipull, from Taito			Qix, from Nintendo
	   Graphics:	8 			    Graphics:   7
	   End Game:    ?			    End Game:   ?
	   Fun Level:   9			    Fun Level:  7
	   Challenge:  10			    Challenge:  8

	   Overall:    10			    Overall:    8

Dave Taylor
taylor@intuitive.com

------------------------------

From: Mike Harrison <mrharrison@lion.waterloo.edu>
Subject: GameBoy: "Batman"
Date: Mon, 28 May 90 10:47:26 -0500

I was recently lucky enough to get hold of a Japanese copy of Batman for
GameBoy in the grey-market of Toronto. Release of this game for North
American consumption is slated for summer 1990, probably sometime in July
or early August.

Batman, from Sunsoft, loosely follows the plot of the movie.  There are
four "worlds", each of which have several sub-stages.  At the beginning
of the first world, we see a graphics screen of Batman looking at a tape
of Commissioner Gordon talking to a policeman, who tells him that Jack
Napier has snuck into Axis Chemical.  Game play begins in the streets of
Gotham (I guess Batman is just outside the factory), where you have to
get past (ie.  survive the level) Jack's henchmen.  From there, you
enter the chemical factory to try and stop Jack from doing whatever it
is he's trying to do.  The other three worlds are the Flugelheim Museum,
in the Batwing above Gotham, and Gotham Cathedral, where the final
showdown with the Joker takes place.

World 1 has four stages (3 regular stages plus the Boss Jack Napier),
world 2 has three stages, world 3 has two stages, and world four has 3
stages, two regular and the last one is the showdown with the boss:  the
Joker.

Gameplay:  This is basically a shoot-and-jump game, with a break in the
middle for the Batwing stages.

Batman has a variety of weapons available to use through the aquisition
of power-ups, which are hidden inside blocks that are attached to the
walls of buildings.  Batman shoots not with a real gun, but with his own
custom-made gun, or he can also get the ability to throw Batarangs,
which act like real boomerangs and return to their point of origin.
Other power-ups include a Batarang that flies around Batman in a circle,
thus acting like a shield, a device which speeds up the flying Batarangs
(you can collect more than one, but if you get hit by a villain or
missle, one disappears for each time you get hit), and various
missle-type weapons, ranging from not-too-powerful bullet-like weapons
to the awesomely powerful taser gun.  Also, there are plenty of one-ups
and health-up hearts to be found.

At the start you can only fire once and then have to wait until the shot
disappears, but another power-up increments a number in the corner of
the screen that tells you how many shots you can fire before having to
wait for them to dissipate.  Another indicator is the health bar, which
tells you how much damage you can take before you die.

Obviously, the object of the game is to survive all the stages, and make
your way to the final confrontation with the Joker, paralleling the
movie.

Graphics:  In a word, AWESOME!!!  There's a lot to be said here.  When
you first turn on the game, you are treated to the sight of the
Bat-symbol (you know, the one on all the movie posters) revolving much
like the license plate in California Games for Lynx.  It slowly stops,
and when it does, it slowly fades out, while simultaneously, the word
BATMAN is slowly fading in overtop of it.

When the game starts, there is a scene with Commissioner Gordon and the
cop being watched by Batman from the Batcave on a monitor.  This is a
still shot, and there is a *lot* of detail!  I was very impressed.

While during the game itself, the figures of Batman and his enemies are
a bit small, you can still see the bat-ears on Batman and him holding a
gun in front of him (and also his cape).  The surrounding graphics are
finely detailed as well.  In Axis Chemical Factory, there is a lot of
attention to fine detail on machinery.

After you "kill" Jack Napier in stage 1-4, he falls into the vat of
acid, and you can even see the splash.  After this, before stage two, we
get another graphics screen of the Joker (and yes, it even looks like
Jack Nicholson in the movie, even though it was drawn, and not
digitized) looking at us, saying "Hey, Batman, you know I can't be
killed" (in a caption at the bottom of the screen, of course).  There
are other special graphic screens throughout the game, showing the
Batmobile and the Joker as he taunts you as you get closer to the
endgame.

Sound:  Great!  Especially the drum track.  I was a little disappointed
because they didn't use Danny Elfman's theme, but still, it's hard to be
disappointed by the stereo sound.  The sound on this cart is the best
I've heard on any GameBoy cart I've played (and I've played more than a
dozen).

Playability:  Excellent.  The starting screens are fairly easy, and not
overwhelmingly hard.  It does get harder, and some special techniques
need to be discovered to truly master the game.

Overall:  Playability: 10.  Admittedly, I'm a Batman fan, but I also
		       know what video games I like, and this is much
		       better than Super Mario Land and even Castlevania,
		       in my opinion.

          Graphics: 9.9. I'd give it a 10, but I also got Nemesis, and Nemesis
		       certainly has more detail. But factor in the special
		       graphics screens, and I think that bumps it up to a 10.
		       So yes, let's call it a 10.

          Sound: 8.0. I would have preferred Elfman's soundtrack, but the
		       music is still good (not as good as Elfman, but
		       definitely, as always with the Gameboy, very good).

          Gameplay: 10. What can I say, I liked it. Not too easy, and not too
		       hard (though harder than Super Mario Land). An
		       enjoyable play.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this game to anyone looking
for a good time with their Gameboy.

Cheers to Sunsoft for a great addition to the Gameboy library.

------------------------------

From: Dave Taylor <taylor@limbo.intuitive.com>
Subject: Mac: "The Duel: Test Drive II"
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 90 17:34:36 PDT

It's 92 degress out and dry, as you climb into your brand new, give-me-a-
ticket-red Lamborghini Countach and kick the engine on.  Slipping it into
first, you ease out of the parking lot and marvel at the low thrum of power
that you can even feel through the seat.  A few blocks ahead you notice a
sign for California Highway 1, the Coast Highway, and figure "hey, this is
a good way to check things out!".

Sliding into third, you move into the left lane on the Coast Highway and
glance down at your speedometer.  80 MPH.  Wow!  Feels like you're not
going faster than about 35.  Some step up from your old Nissan!  Suddenly
the radar detector starts beeping that a cop is in the area.   You look
in the rear view mirror, and to no great surprise, there he is.  Big as
life and with the red lights flashing.

"Screw this!" you think, "I've got the fastest production car in the world
and a terrific highway in front of me.  I'm gunna blow this cop out of the
water completely!"  With a "You'll never catch me alive, copper!" you move
into fourth and watch your speedometer crank up to 110, 120, 130 and more.
The road is almost a blur at this point and suddenly, at 156 miles per hour,
you lose traction going into a tight curve.  Too quickly to even compensate,
the car spins off to the right and flies off the cliff, down down down into
the waiting surf below.

In real life, this would probably be the beginning of a rather pulpy novel.
But, thanks to the programming team at Accolade, you can experience some
of the thrill of driving a high performance vehicle, as well as the glee
of outrunning a cop and even the cliff flying past the windshield as you
plummet to your death, on your Macintosh!  With "The Duel", the sequel
to the popular "Test Drive" and "Grand Prix Circuit" auto racing games from
the company, Accolade brings an even more exciting, fun driving game to us.

The controls are a bit funky, as is the steering (since just like a real
car, the computer car tends to go back to straight when you're in a turn,
so you need to keep the wheel at the right spot), and it definitely
takes a while to get used to, but with some practice you can really make
some good time motoring around the various terrains in the game.

The screen display, in monochrome only unfortunately, is of fairly well
detailed scenes that fly past as you zip along.  On the road can be bits
of junk (which will do a good job of mangling your steering for a bit),
other cars, trucks, and even vehicles coming in the other direction out
of nowhere (so make sure not to pass on too blind a curve).  You can even
zoom past a cop on the side of the road (probably beckoning for you to
pull over and let him write you a ticket, actually), which will get him
in his car and whipping after you in no time!

The game has a number of different levels of expertise, which basically
seem to affect whether or not you get auto shifting of gears, how fast
the cops can drive (thankfully they haven't figured out how to radio to
each other yet, nor how to build roadblocks!), and how much traffic is
present.  A terrific innovation in "The Duel" is that the computer drives
its own car too, and you can even pick what kind of car it should be.
It's fun to let it have a fast, but not very maneuverable car, then give
yourself a slower, more agile set of wheels and see who can get through
canyons faster.

The game has a couple of optional terrain disks too, including European
Challenge (which takes you through The Netherlands, France, Germany,
Spain, Italy and Switzerland) (the Autobahn is a GREAT place to go flat
out!!  I've averaged almost 200 mph on that stretch) and California
Challenge, which has a trip sorta from Monterey to San Francisco,
including a drive through a redwood forest and a view of the Golden Gate
bridge at the end of a particular stretch.

There are also a couple of additional auto disks you can get, including
"Muscle Cars" and "Dream Cars", containing big, fat engine American cars
and exotic racers like the Lamborghini, respectively.  I kinda wish they
had a "cheap import cars" disk so that I could try giving the computer
a VW bug or Honda Civic, but that's not on the list, alas.

I've always found car driving games on computers rather silly, since the
demands of high performance graphics quite exceed the abilities of most
current computers.  The Duel does a fine job of finding a middle ground,
however, and it's terrific fun to try.  In fact, a friend of mine played
with it for about an hour and said "Gosh!  I should buy a Mac so I could
play this at home!"  One hint; don't use the mouse to steer.

			Check it out!  A solid 9 out of 10.

	Available on Mac, IIgs, Amiga, PC, and other platforms.

Dave Taylor
taylor@intuitive.com

-------------------------------------

To join this group or have your reviews appear in the next issue, please
send electronic mail to Dave Taylor at the following address;

		digital-games@digital-games.Intuitive.Com

We welcome reviews of games for any computer system, including the IBM
PC, Apple Macintosh, Atari, Nintendo Entertainment System, Atari Lynx,
Sega Genesis, Nintendo GameBoy, NEC TurboGrafix, Amiga and so on.

The views expressed in Digital Games Review Digest are those of the
individual authors only, and do not represent the views or opinions
of Intuitive Systems or any of our affiliates worldwide.  The copyright
of each article is that of the original author, and the copyright of
the digest itself, as well as the name "Digital Games Review Digest"
are noted here.

End of Digital Games Review Digest