[comp.sys.amiga.games] F29 hard disk install

olivier@hpgnd.HP.COM (Olivier BORDES) (06/11/90)

I have bought F29 Retaliator flight simulator, and
found it very good but buggy.

The most I dislike in this game is that It can't be (or I did not
found the way to do it) installed on hard disk (as I did
with Falcon). Even worse, I was unable to make backup copies
of it.

So what ! Ocean (the game editor), Ok for the copy protection,
but please don't forget honest users who have paid for the game and who would
like to enjoy it as long as possible .

If anyone has a method to install F29 on hard disk, I will really
appreciate!

Olivier BORDES
olivier@hpgnd.hp.com

nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (06/14/90)

In article <15080002@hpgnd.HP.COM> olivier@hpgnd.HP.COM (Olivier BORDES) writes:

>I have bought F29 Retaliator flight simulator, and
>found it very good but buggy.
>
>The most I dislike in this game is that It can't be (or I did not
>found the way to do it) installed on hard disk (as I did
>with Falcon). Even worse, I was unable to make backup copies
>of it.

What I did, was to remove the copy protection so I was able to backup the game.
Without the protection the game was loaded maybe twice as fast...

The game lies in tracks, so that it's not in files so it would be some
problems to install it on HardDisk. Bad programmers??

Ron Birk, nv89-rbi@nada.kth.se