[comp.sys.amiga.games] Champions of Krynn: Death in the Tomb

moynihan_r@apollo.HP.COM (Robert Moynihan) (06/15/90)

-

Okay, I've had the game for a couple of weeks of off and on
play.  Throtl and Gargath have been cleaned out.  Now, I'm in
the tomb of Sir Darguard and have passed the tests of fear and
honor.  After this, my Knight had enough experience to level,
so I went back to the outpost to train him.  At that point,
Sir Karl told me about a monster outpost I won't go into any
detail over.  (If you've been there, you know what it is.)
I went back to the tomb to take the test of battle.  Here is
where I run into problems...(spoilers follow)

...I don't think crtl-L is working...

...I keep getting killed by the skeleton knights.  So far five
tries, four dead parties.  Losing over half of the party's hit
points in the cavein causes real problems.  Plus, the knights
*never* seem to miss!  I zap 'em with a fireball and some
magic missles before they get to me, but I only do minimal
damage.  I have three clerics in the party, and only once was
turning successful.  The one time I made it past them, the
skeletal dragons killed off the party.  This is getting old
very fast.  Any pointers?  Should I head for the ogre camp and
item?  Any help is much appreciated.

*************                                  **************
***  To those of you that get the whole message and must  ***
***  page up, there are game spoilers above.  Watch it.   ***
*************                                  **************

Bob

============================///====================================
moynihan_r@apollo.hp.com   /// "Winners are losers who got up and
Plink: Moynihan        \\\///  gave it just one more try."
Hewlett-Packard/Apollo  \XX/                        -Dennis DeYoung

matt@sapphire.jpl.nasa.gov (matt of ASTD) (06/15/90)

In article <4affdbea.20b6d@apollo.HP.COM> moynihan_r@apollo.hp.com (Robert Moynihan) writes:
>-
>...I keep getting killed by the skeleton knights.  So far five
>tries, four dead parties.  Losing over half of the party's hit
>points in the cavein causes real problems.  Plus, the knights
>*never* seem to miss!  I zap 'em with a fireball and some
>magic missles before they get to me, but I only do minimal
>damage.  I have three clerics in the party, and only once was
>turning successful.  The one time I made it past them, the
>skeletal dragons killed off the party.  This is getting old
>very fast.  Any pointers?  Should I head for the ogre camp and
>item?  Any help is much appreciated.

My party got past these guys before my mages could do fireballs.
Split up any heal potions, get your clerics ready to cure (we
have 3 clerics, some multiclassed) and give your fighters any
mass kill wands.  Let the mages unload with whatever they have,
have the fighters unload with wands (we only had the ice storm),
and let the clerics cure.  Be sure to arrange your party correctly
once the fight starts.  Maybe I just got lucky.  I FIXed after
the skeleton fight.  The Skeletal Dragons were cake with a healed
party.

Matthew Presley (UCLA CS Grad. Student) & (JPL CS dude)
Internet (presley@cs.ucla.edu) or (matt@sapphire.jpl.nasa.gov)
"Twisted yellow puppies play broken flutes loudly..."