[comp.sys.amiga.games] 2 Original Games

djh@dragon.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) (06/15/90)

Since there's been a lot of hoopla about 'original' games of late, let me
put in my 2 cent's worth for :

	North & South (Data East)
	Bubble Bobble (Taito)

North & South, the animated Civil War game from Data East, amazingly runs on
my A-3000. Certain animated sequences have a too-high frame rate, but the
game is playable in either arcade or strategy (skip the arcade sequences)
mode. This is another one of those games where the graphics and sound
effects are so witty, it pulls you right in. The game could use a bit more
depth in the strategy department, but the combination of strategy & arcade
should appeal to all ages.

Bubble Bobble won't run on an A-3000, but the graphics and sound are
faithful to this cutesy-pie arcade port. My wife loves it, as do I; it's a
welcome respite from all the macho male-bonding dungeon & rifle games. Ever
wonder why there are so few girls in arcades? After Pacman, they all left.
| Dallas J. Hodgson               |     "This here's the wattle,             |
| Metaphor Computer Systems       |      It's the emblem of our land.        |
| Mountain View, Ca.              |      You can put it in a bottle,         |
| USENET : djh@metaphor.com       |      You can hold it in your hand."      |
+============================================================================+
| "The views I express are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer" |

eric@cbmvax.commodore.com (Eric Cotton) (06/15/90)

In article <1219@metaphor.Metaphor.COM> djh@dragon.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) writes:
>Bubble Bobble won't run on an A-3000, but the graphics and sound are
>faithful to this cutesy-pie arcade port. My wife loves it, as do I; it's a
>welcome respite from all the macho male-bonding dungeon & rifle games. Ever
>wonder why there are so few girls in arcades? After Pacman, they all left.

Whooaaa!  Not so fast there.  While it may not have run on one of the pre-
release versions of the A3000, I would check it again when the machine is
in general release.

--
Eric Cotton
Commodore-Amiga                                               (215) 431-9100

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) (06/16/90)

In article <1219@metaphor.Metaphor.COM> djh@dragon.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) writes:

>  faithful to this cutesy-pie arcade port. My wife loves it, as do I; it's a
>  welcome respite from all the macho male-bonding dungeon & rifle games. Ever
>  wonder why there are so few girls in arcades? After Pacman, they all left.

Too true! Whenever my girlfriend and I go to the movies, "jason, I want to
play Pac-Man" (when seeing the Ms. Pac Man)

whenever she comes over and I'm taking a shower or making dinner, "jason,
where's the pac-man disk?" (referring to Pac Mania)

and my $.02 is that PacMania is one of the best arcade ports for the amiga.

(of course, i have someone influencing that decision)