[comp.sys.amiga.games] Centipedes ...?

kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (06/17/90)

[ "Send lawyers, guns, and money ..." ]

One of my favorite arcade-style games has always been Centipedes.  Popular
as it was, I've never seen a version of it (or anything even close, really)
for the Amiga (or PClone/Mac/etc, for that matter).

Anybody know of any such game?  I miss blasting those 'shrooms ...

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim

jimmy@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Jimmy Chan) (06/17/90)

In article <349402Cmb0LB01@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
>One of my favorite arcade-style games has always been Centipedes.  Popular
>as it was, I've never seen a version of it (or anything even close, really)
>for the Amiga (or PClone/Mac/etc, for that matter).
>
>Anybody know of any such game?  I miss blasting those 'shrooms ...

Evil Garden is in the same genre...  really an interesting game but I don't
especially enjoy arcade type games.  Tried it out a long time ago and found
it similar to those centipede games but with quite a few other things added
in that I am sure I don't remember seeing in the arcades.

    //  ||   Hardware : A2000, 3 megs, 2 internal 3 1/2" drives
\\ //   ||   Future Purchases : SCSI Controller, 40-60 meg harddrives, A3000
 \X/	||   jimmy@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu or jimmy@uhccux.bitnet

zeno@milton.u.washington.edu (no such thing as a point) (07/03/90)

In article <349402Cmb0LB01@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) writes:

>One of my favorite arcade-style games has always been Centipedes.  Popular
>as it was, I've never seen a version of it (or anything even close, really)
>for the Amiga (or PClone/Mac/etc, for that matter).
>
>Anybody know of any such game?  I miss blasting those 'shrooms ...

Yes.

The answer is...

EVIL GARDEN.

It's put out by a company called "Demon Ware", I believe.  I don't have
the address, but It should be available.
--
|      Sean T. Lamont          |                                         |
|University of Washington      |  "Wave upon wave of demented avengers   |