[comp.sys.amiga.games] Solitaire Royale by Spectrum Holobyte

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (07/05/90)

>In article <1862@engage.enet.dec.com> gerber@buzzer.enet.dec.com (Robert M. Gerber) writes:
>I just talked to customer service at Spectrum Holobyte...  These are my
>questions and their
>answers...
>
>	Q) Does Solitaire Royale work on the A3000?
>	A) No
>
>	Q) When will it be fixed to run on the A3000?
>	A) It probably won't be...it is a discontinued product.
>
>Is this an example of a company hitting the market with a product and
>then not maintaining it
>once it has made a bundle of money for them?
>
>I was considering buying Welltris even with the copyright/Fish flap.  I
>don't think I will buy it
>or any other prodcut from them.

I am not defending Spectrum Holobyte, but you must consider how many
games are brought to market these days.

Spectrum Holobyte most likely didn't write the game.

Some indipendent programmer(s) did, and sold the game to SH, a
distributor. SH paid them for that version of the game. A port
to any other platform, including the A3000, is a whole new
project.

Now SH probably has the rights to do the port, but has made a
decision not to exercise that right.

It is very rare to get bug fixes or other support for a game. If you
do, consider yourself lucky!

>---------
>Robert M. Gerber		  UUCP: ...!decwrl!oldjon.enet!gerber
>				  INET: gerber@oldjon.enet.dec.com
>
>Any opinions represented here are definetly not those of my employer.
>Come to think of it, they may not be mine either!

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey	 |  In Texas: {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group | The World: dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (amdahl!dwl10)
      Houston, TX	 |

gerber@buzzer.enet.dec.com (Robert M. Gerber) (07/05/90)