[comp.sys.amiga.games] A problem with Their Finest Hour

valentin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Valentin Pepelea) (07/07/90)

In article <1006@tnessd.UUCP> mechrw@tnessd.UUCP (Robert Wallace (214+464-6552)) writes:

>The joystick/keyboard polling loop is to darned slow!
>
>It looked _great_!  But it plays a bit faster on my machine and
>I can't make the planes respond fast enough to keep from being
>killed.  Where I was turning loops with a starting speed of
>35 and coming over the top still doing about 15, now I'm hard
>pressed to make it over at all without stalling.

The digital joystick is indeed much to slow. I suggest you use the mouse
instead - and make sure you have a wide desk area on which to roll the
mouse.

You will discover though that the mouse does not act like a joystich though.
A Gravis Moustick solves that problem in Vectorizing mode.

Valentin
--
The Goddess of democracy? "The tyrants     Name:    Valentin Pepelea
may distroy a statue,  but they cannot     Phone:   (215) 431-9327