[comp.sys.amiga.games] MULE?

brett@smosjc.UUCP (Brett Coon) (07/03/90)

Does anyone remember an old Electronic Arts game called M.U.L.E.?  I played
it on a friend's Commodore 64 several years ago, and thought it was great.
I recently saw it mentioned in a list of all-time favorite computer games,
and decided I'd really like to play it again.  Can you buy this game anymore?
I doubt it has ever been available for the Amiga, but what about IBM or Mac
versions - do they exist?  (I have a bridgeboard and am considering AMAX).
How about public domain copies or similar games?

Please reply via email.

-brett

|Brett Coon           |  uunet!smosjc!brett         |
|S-MOS Systems, Inc.  |  "You like 'em, anchovies?" |
|San Jose, CA         |            -Runaway Train   |

drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Richards) (07/03/90)

In article <9007030125.AA02053@smosjc.smos.COM> brett@smosjc.UUCP (Brett Coon) writes:

>Does anyone remember an old Electronic Arts game called M.U.L.E.?  I played
>it on a friend's Commodore 64 several years ago, and thought it was great.
>I recently saw it mentioned in a list of all-time favorite computer games,

You know, now that it is mentioned, I really liked alot of my old C-64 games.
Does anybody know of a good C-64 emulator that could put some life into my
dusty old archives?

Dave
drichards@hmcvax.claremont.edu

rsmith@uncw.UUCP (Ross Smith) (07/04/90)

     Believe it or ot, I still pull out my trusty old MULE game and play
it against 3 computer players... This game has definately stood the test
of time.
     As far as I know this game was released in C64 and Apple versions...
there might have been an IBM version but I could not tell you for sure...

     I ordered my 25Mhz A3000 about a week and a half ago, and it would
be interesting to see a version for it, but it wont happen...

     Looks like you need to get a 64, or 64 Emulator to play it (I know I
am keeping mine)... EA was selling MULE direct as late as early '89 so
you might want to call them direct (I have the classic 1983 premiere
version...)

                                            Ross Smith

mhhaines@uokmax.uucp (Mark Howard Haines) (07/05/90)

drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Richards) writes:

>In article <9007030125.AA02053@smosjc.smos.COM> brett@smosjc.UUCP (Brett Coon) writes:
>>
>>Does anyone remember an old Electronic Arts game called M.U.L.E.?  I played
>>it on a friend's Commodore 64 several years ago, and thought it was great.
>>I recently saw it mentioned in a list of all-time favorite computer games,

>You know, now that it is mentioned, I really liked alot of my old C-64 games.
>Does anybody know of a good C-64 emulator that could put some life into my
>dusty old archives?

>Dave
>drichards@hmcvax.claremont.edu

Actually, the original game was designed for the Atari 800. If you'll notice
the name of the planet is "IRATA" (that's Atari spelled backward). It's amazing
that somw of the best games are the ones written for the old 8 bit machines.
Seems like now people are too caught up in graphics and sound to worry about
just making a decent game. Some of the best games ever written are still only
available on the Apple ][, C64, and Atari 800.

Mark
mhhaines@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu

jbaker@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (John Baker) (07/06/90)

In article <7721@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU
(David Richards) writes:
>In article <9007030125.AA02053@smosjc.smos.COM> brett@smosjc.UUCP (Brett Coon) writes:
>>
>>Does anyone remember an old Electronic Arts game called M.U.L.E.?  I played
>>it on a friend's Commodore 64 several years ago, and thought it was great.
>>I recently saw it mentioned in a list of all-time favorite computer games,

Yes, it is a great game - the main reason I still have my Atari 800 set
up (the original and best machine on which to play MULE - up to 4
players.)

>You know, now that it is mentioned, I really liked alot of my old C-64 games.
>Does anybody know of a good C-64 emulator that could put some life into my
>dusty old archives?

Sure, it's called the Commodore 64.  Really, why try to emulate
something that is practically free?

John Baker
jbaker@gmuvax2.gmu.edu

drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Richards) (07/09/90)

I want to emulate 'cuz a c-64 with 1541 takes a heck of alot of desk space.
Space is at a premium in dorms.  I just don't have room for a third desk!

Dave