[comp.sys.amiga.games] Boulderdash

andre@cs.vu.nl (Leeuwen van Andre) (07/02/90)

	For all of you Boulderdash fans out there,
The game 'Emerald Mine' is a perfect 'amiganized' version of the
well-known game Boulderdash. In Europe it is available almost
everywhere and there exists an editor, so that one can create one's
own levels. The game saves highscores and remembers what level you
finished the last time you played it, so you can always continue
where you left off. It's graphics are brilliant as is it's speed.
WARNING: once you start playing there is serious danger you find
yourself unable to stop without someone dragging you of it!
There are also a lot of C=64 conversions around, that play like
Emerald Mine but show the C=64 graphics. Some guys who call themselves
No One Inc. also spread about 8 disks which contain a lot of hard levels
for those of us who think they're getting well at it.

I'm sorry I don't remember the company distributing it right now, but I
will post that later.

Any questions can be e-mailed to andre@cs.vu.nl or posted on the network

S.J.Raybould@fulcrum.bt.co.uk (Simon Raybould) (07/09/90)

In article <7044@star.cs.vu.nl> andre@cs.vu.nl (Leeuwen van Andre) writes:

>	For all of you Boulderdash fans out there,
>The game 'Emerald Mine' is a perfect 'amiganized' version of the

I have a copy of BOULDERDASH called BOULDERDASH for the amiga. It includes
an editor and cost me only 5 pounds, I think thats about $7 or so.

It is produced by 'WICKED SOFTWARE'. There are still copies available over
here and if the original person who wanted this game would like me to ship
it over from the UK then I could probably arange it.

Cheers

Sie

ceej@pawl.rpi.edu (Chris J Hillery) (07/11/90)

S.J.Raybould@fulcrum.bt.co.uk (Simon Raybould) writes:

>I have a copy of BOULDERDASH called BOULDERDASH for the amiga. It includes
>an editor and cost me only 5 pounds, I think thats about $7 or so.

>It is produced by 'WICKED SOFTWARE'. There are still copies available over
>here and if the original person who wanted this game would like me to ship
>it over from the UK then I could probably arange it.

From a catalog from "Software Excitement!", a shareware distributor:

Disk 148 - Boulder Dash - Very popular game with excellent graphics on several
challenging levels.  [Ed.note: No level editor? Dunno...] Also includes a Bards'
Tale editor, Othello, Life3 and many useful utility programs.

Software Excitement!  (who should be paying me for this free advertising)
6475 Crater Lake Hwy.
Central Point, OR 97502
Order Line: 1-(800)-444-5457

Now, I don't know if this is the same game or not. Since it's shareware, it's
probably available around elsewhere too, although I've never seen it. No
warranties written or implied from me... just passing this on...

BTW, they want $7/disk (less than 5 disks), + $3.00 packing and handling,
plus $4.00 if you require COD...

--
  //..is|While 1 DO|Erin,Erin,where are|Art of Noise space|    -- Ceej    (=
\X/there|  Fork;   |you? /-----------.-^------------------|ceej@pawl.rpi.edu