[comp.sys.amiga.games] MidWinter?

In <8335@latcs1.oz.au>, barton@latcs1.oz.au (The Wasp) writes:
>i saw a gae called midwinter yesterday,  can anyone give a review please?
>
>Also I saw a startling little games pack for the C64.  It was a collection
>of 12 Megs (30 Games) on CD.  But this wasn't CDROM it was CD, yes just play the
>CD on any normal audio CD player and load into the C64 via a provided cable?

This little trick is possible because of the cassette port on the 64. The
cassette port accepts audio (best if 'squared off' rather than nice rounded
waves).

>Is this sort of thing avaliable for the amiga?  I miagine that the CD could be
>treated as a raw sequential device (could it?).  But the transmission speed
>would need to be known right?

In order to do it on the Amiga, you would need a 'loader' that would accept
the audio from the CD player.

-larry

--
The raytracer of justice recurses slowly, but it renders exceedingly fine.

barton@latcs1.oz.au (The Wasp) (07/13/90)

i saw a gae called midwinter yesterday,  can anyone give a review please?

Also I saw a startling little games pack for the C64.  It was a collection
of 12 Megs (30 Games) on CD.  But this wasn't CDROM it was CD, yes just play the
CD on any normal audio CD player and load into the C64 via a provided cable?

Is this sort of thing avaliable for the amiga?  I miagine that the CD could be
treated as a raw sequential device (could it?).  But the transmission speed
would need to be known right?

Please email responses.  If you want a summary then that depends on response!

Doug
barton@latcs1.oz.au