[comp.sys.amiga.games] Chambers of the Sci-Mutant Priestess

davemad@pnet01.cts.com (Dave Madsen) (07/12/90)

Is there anybody out there that is playing the game Chambers of the
Sci-Mutant Priestess by Draconian?  I have played this for some
time and I am at (what I believe is) the last puzzle.  This is the
puzzle where you meet the leader and his assistant (excuse me if I
don't use their names, anybody who has played the game will know
why).  Well, to make a long story short, I knock out the "leader"
and his little "pet" screams and falls to his side.  The leader's
assistant now grabs my female partner and proceeds to climb up
the ladder.  Now, if I don't do anything, I will eventually wind up
dead.  If I do a "mind zap" on the assistant, the pet attaches
itself to the assistant and reveals himself (and the scenario) for
what he (and it) is.  Now, if I don't do anything in this case,
when the "assistant" reaches the top of the ladder my female
partner is killed and the game ends.  If I try to do ANYTHING
in either of these cases, the "assistant" ends up killing me in
some general way ("He stabs me in the back when I'm not looking").
Am I missing some item that helps me solve this last puzzle or
am I just missing something obvious that I should be doing?  Can
anyone help me?  AUUUGH!

Dave

-----------------------------------------------------+------------------------+
UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!davemad + Dave R. Madsen         +
ARPA: crash!pnet01!davemad@nosc.mil                  + Computer Science Major +
INET: davemad@pnet01.cts.com                         + Iowa State University  +
-----------------------------------------------------+------------------------+

schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) (07/15/90)

In article <3478@crash.cts.com> davemad@pnet01.cts.com (Dave Madsen) writes:
>Is there anybody out there that is playing the game Chambers of the
>Sci-Mutant Priestess by Draconian?  I have played this for some
>time and I am at (what I believe is) the last puzzle.  This is the
>puzzle where you meet the leader and his assistant (excuse me if I
>don't use their names, anybody who has played the game will know
>why).  Well, to make a long story short, I knock out the "leader"
>and his little "pet" screams and falls to his side.  The leader's
>assistant now grabs my female partner and proceeds to climb up
>the ladder.  Now, if I don't do anything, I will eventually wind up
>dead.  If I do a "mind zap" on the assistant, the pet attaches
>itself to the assistant and reveals himself (and the scenario) for
>what he (and it) is.  Now, if I don't do anything in this case,
>when the "assistant" reaches the top of the ladder my female
>partner is killed and the game ends.  If I try to do ANYTHING
>in either of these cases, the "assistant" ends up killing me in
>some general way ("He stabs me in the back when I'm not looking").
>Am I missing some item that helps me solve this last puzzle or
>am I just missing something obvious that I should be doing?  Can
>anyone help me?  AUUUGH!
>
>Dave

You are at the very end of the game. I BELIVE that after you mindwarp him and
get the thing on his head you let him start up the ladder. At that point I
think you use sci-shift and hit the lever closing the hatch. The he gets pissed
off and lets her go. I think you then either throw the knife at him or just
kill him.

Good Luck.

			     \          /
			      \   \    /      /
Sean Schur		       \   \  /      /
				\   \/      /
USENET: schur@isi.edu		 \  /a\mpyr/
Compuserve: 70731,1102		  \/   \  / ideo
Plink: OSS259				\/

davemad@pnet01.cts.com (Dave Madsen) (07/17/90)

In article <551@pnet01.cts.com> schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:

> You are at the very end of the game. I BELIVE that after you mindwarp him
and
> get the thing on his head you let him start up the ladder. At that point I
> think you use sci-shift and hit the lever closing the hatch. The he gets
pissed
> off and lets her go. I think you then either throw the knife at him or just
> kill him.
>
> Good Luck.

I just tried what you suggested, and sure enough it works!  It seems so
simple that I don't know how I missed it.  BTW, did the game seem kinda short
to you?  I guess I'm just used to games that take a while to solve.
I would, however, suggest this game to anyone who is looking for an original
RPG/adventure that doesn't take too long to play.