[comp.sys.amiga.games] Dumb assed Dragon's Lair Question\

xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (Nigel Tzeng) (07/14/90)

Dumb assed question alert:

Does anyone know if Dragons Lair will install on a HD other than the one listed
(COM something or other) if I create the 10 meg HD partition they want?

The disk swapping is too silly for words...

Thanks!

Nigel

PS Steve...I obviously got the stuff you sent.  Thanks!

   // | Nigel Tzeng - STX Inc - NASA/GSFC COBE Project
 \X/  | xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov

Amiga | Standard Disclaimer Applies:  The opinions expressed are my own.

billsey@agora.uucp (Bill Seymour) (07/17/90)

In article <2789@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov writes:
:Does anyone know if Dragons Lair will install on a HD other than the one listed
:(COM something or other) if I create the 10 meg HD partition they want?
:
:The disk swapping is too silly for words...

	If you buy Dragon's Lair II to go with your Dragon's Lair, it'll
allow you to install both games on a hard drive. That's the only way to get
them on one without buying one of the comspec drives. It's worth it though,
since it also gives you something that's a lot closer to the real standup
arcade game. (ie., it has all, or most, of the screens!)

:Thanks!
:
:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:   // | Nigel Tzeng - STX Inc - NASA/GSFC COBE Project
: \X/  | xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov
:      |
:Amiga | Standard Disclaimer Applies:  The opinions expressed are my own.

     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
Bejed, Inc.       NES, Inc.        Northwest Amiga Group    At Home Sometimes
(503) 281-8153    (503) 246-9311   (503) 656-7393 BBS       (503) 640-0842

agnus@amylnd.stgt.sub.org (Matthias Zepf) (07/18/90)

In article <2789@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov>, Nigel Tzeng writes:
>Does anyone know if Dragons Lair will install on a HD other than the one listed
>(COM something or other) if I create the 10 meg HD partition they want?
>
>The disk swapping is too silly for words...

You will be able to install Dragon's Lair to any harddisk you want, if
you buy Dragon's Lair II (no joke).  I own Dragon's Lair I + II and I
play it very well from harddisk, because Dragon's Lair II can be
installed on harddisk.  And with Dragon's Lair II you are able to
include Dragon's Lair I levels and also install them on harddisk (like
Summer Games I and II on the bad old C64).

Of course, you need original Dragon's Lair.

Greets, Matthias
--
Matthias Zepf * Riegelaeckerstrasse 27 * D-7250 Leonberg * West(?) Germany
*PHONE*  (+49) 7152 41917           *UUCP*  agnus@amylnd.stgt.sub.org -or-

spierce@pnet01.cts.com (Stuart Pierce) (07/18/90)

I bought Dragon's Lair II precisely for that purpose, but when I try to
install Dragon's Lair I onto my hard drive I get a disk error message on the
first disk.  Funny thing is that Dragon's Lair I plays just fine from the
floppies.

xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (Nigel Tzeng) (07/19/90)

In article <1795e0c8.ARN01351@amylnd>, agnus@amylnd.stgt.sub.org (Matthias Zepf) writes...
^
^You will be able to install Dragon's Lair to any harddisk you want, if
^you buy Dragon's Lair II (no joke).  I own Dragon's Lair I + II and I
^play it very well from harddisk, because Dragon's Lair II can be
^installed on harddisk.  And with Dragon's Lair II you are able to
^include Dragon's Lair I levels and also install them on harddisk (like
^Summer Games I and II on the bad old C64).
^
^Of course, you need original Dragon's Lair.

Thanks for the info everyone! Out of curiosity how much room does it take up
on a HD?  I figure I'd buy DL II sometime soon...DL I is almost done...I'm on
disk 5.

^
^Greets, Matthias
^--
^Matthias Zepf * Riegelaeckerstrasse 27 * D-7250 Leonberg * West(?) Germany

NT