[comp.sys.amiga.games] populus

amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman - AmigaMan) (07/19/90)

why is it that at the start of the game, I put my ankh in the enemy's territory
only to find it back in mine later in the game?  Also, why can't I move my
ankh once the game gets going?

Thanks
AMH

joechung@tornado.Berkeley.EDU (Joseph) (07/19/90)

In article <51383@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman - AmigaMan) writes:
>why is it that at the start of the game, I put my ankh in the enemy's territory
>only to find it back in mine later in the game?  Also, why can't I move my
>ankh once the game gets going?
>
>Thanks
>AMH

You must have a leader to carry the Ankh before you can move it.  The first
walker to touch the Ankh becomes your leader.  If your leader dies, the
Ankh stays where he died.

The easiest way to get a leader is:
1. Tell everyone to Go to Ankh (a.k.a. Papal Magnet)
2. Once the first guy touches the Ankh, tell everyone to go away.

Now you have a leader, so you can position the Ankh anywhere.

-jc

| Joseph Chung                  |  This area still under        |
| joechung@ocf.berkeley.edu     |  construction.                |