hope the authors don't mind...

From: fh007@uunomaha.edu
Date: 7 Apr 90

Gauntlet II allows up to four people to play at one time, but you need
an adaptor plug for the paralel port for the 3rd and 4th player.  You
can build your own with very few parts and relatively little money.

This hack is in two parts: (1) for the 500 and 2000 (2) for the 1000.

Parts List    (All are available at Radio Shack)
----------
1    DB25 Male (500/2000 version)
1    DB25 Female (1000 version)
3    Male D 9 pin joystick connectors
6 ft Wire (In 5" sections)
Some type of box to put the entire mess in.

Here's how it all goes together:

    Parallel Connector (Male DB25 500 & 2000)

                                 1  1  1  1
      1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  0  1  2  3
    \ X  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  X  O  X  O / View looking at front of DB25
     \ X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  O  /  (X = Connection not used)
       -----------------------------------    (O = Connection used)
       1  1  1  1  1  1  2  2  2  2  2  2
       4  5  6  7  8  9  0  1  2  3  4  5

    Parallel Connector (Female DB25 1000)

                                 1  1  1  1
      1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  0  1  2  3
    \ X  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  X  O  X  O / View looking at front of DB25
     \ X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  O  X  X  X  /  (X = Connection not used)
       -----------------------------------    (O = Connection used)
       1  1  1  1  1  1  2  2  2  2  2  2
       4  5  6  7  8  9  0  1  2  3  4  5

    Game Connector

      1  2  3  4  5
    -----------------
    \ O  O  O  O  X /  View looking at front of DB25
     \ O  X  O  X  /   (X = Connection not used)
       -----------     (O = Connection used)
       6  7  8  9      (Two of these connectors are used.  One for
                        Player #3 and one for player #4.  The
                        connection numbers are exactly the same.)

Use the 5" strips of wire to connect the three connectors:

                      Amiga 500 &  2000

Parallel Port  Game Connector 1 (Player 3)   Game Connector 2 (Player 4)
-------------  ---------------------------   ---------------------------
  Pin 25 (GND)            8               and             8
  Pin 2  (UP)                                             1
  Pin 3  (DOWN)                                           2
  Pin 4  (LEFT)                                           3
  Pin 5  (RIGHT)                                          4
  Pin 13 (FIRE)                                           6
  Pin 6  (UP)             1
  Pin 7  (DOWN)           2
  Pin 8  (LEFT)           3
  Pin 9  (RIGHT)          4
  Pin 11 (FIRE)           6
WARNING!!  Do NOT connect anything to pin #14 on the parallel connector.
           That's the +5 volts from the Amiga, and is one of the few
           pins that can get you into BIG trouble!!

                          Amiga 1000

Parallel Port  Game Connector 1 (Player 3)   Game Connector 2 (Player 4)
-------------  ---------------------------   ---------------------------
  Pin 22 (GND)            8               and             8
  Pin 2  (UP)                                             1
  Pin 3  (DOWN)                                           2
  Pin 4  (LEFT)                                           3
  Pin 5  (RIGHT)                                          4
  Pin 13 (FIRE)                                           6
  Pin 6  (UP)             1
  Pin 7  (DOWN)           2
  Pin 8  (LEFT)           3
  Pin 9  (RIGHT)          4
  Pin 11 (FIRE)           6
WARNING!!  Do NOT connect anything to pin #23 on the parallel connector.
           That's the +5 volts from the Amiga, and is one of the few
           pins that can get you into BIG trouble!!

Thats IT! Connect it all together, check it then plug it in!  Add two
joysticks then press [F3] and [F4] to control the two characters on the
screen.  Have fun!!!!

                        ** Gangster **

I updated the directions when looking at my 1000 owners manual.  I noticed
that the Parallel connector has some pinout differences including the
+5 volts!  So I added the info. for the 1000.  I still have not tried this
so I will make no promises.                    ** Oosik Man **

Recreated reposting by:    Frances Koo (koo@tcville.hac.com)