[comp.sys.amiga.games] Turrican Glitches & Tricks

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) (07/23/90)

I've finished Turrican at least 20 times now and keep going back to it just
because I keep finding new things almost every time I play. Plus, it's fun
to screw around (like seeing how far I can go as a wheel on level 2-1)

As I still contend this is the best arcade game ever made for the amiga, it
does have some glitches that really tick me off from time to time.

The main glitch that bugs me is that every 4 or 5 games I will get my hero
in such a position that if he dies there, he is stuck. When he dies again,
he gets reincarnated in the stuck position again.

The place this happens a LOT is on level 4-1, where that giant square brick
wall thing (with the face) pushes you around. A lot of times he'll push me
into the left wall before I kill him (a few times JUST as I kill him) and I
get stuck "in" the wall, immobile. I had to watch 23 lives disappear
because of this not half an hour ago. I was too ticked off and now have a
"mr return" on my high score chart.

Otherwise, the game is great! Anybody know of any other glitches?

Jason

BTW: I did mention tricks, didn't I? Well all I will say is that the
easiest free life in the game is on level 1-1 (I never tried this before
tonight, and decided to screw around and voila). As SOON as the game
starts, go left. Climb up the hill to the left until you can go left no
more (the screen stops scrolling) and jump straight up. An extra life will
slam down on your head. There is also a power-square about half an inch to
the right....

matt@sapphire.jpl.nasa.gov (matt of ASTD) (07/24/90)

In article <MOFO.90Jul23003303@bucsf.bu.edu> mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) writes:
>BTW: I did mention tricks, didn't I? Well all I will say is that the
>easiest free life in the game is on level 1-1 (I never tried this before
>tonight, and decided to screw around and voila). As SOON as the game
>starts, go left. Climb up the hill to the left until you can go left no
>more (the screen stops scrolling) and jump straight up. An extra life will
>slam down on your head. There is also a power-square about half an inch to
>the right....

To find more free lives on level 1-1 jump off the left side of the
''rocket ship.''
Matthew Presley (UCLA CS Grad. Student) & (JPL CS dude)
Internet (presley@cs.ucla.edu) or (matt@sapphire.jpl.nasa.gov)
"Twisted yellow puppies play broken flutes loudly..."