[comp.sys.amiga.games] Turrican on a 3000?

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (07/23/90)

>In article <1990Jul23.112341.12100@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> hgm@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Hal G. Meeks) writes:
>
>I'll be upgrading to a 3000 in about a month, so I'm checking out
>compatability with packages and hardware that I currently use. I haven't
>bought Turrican yet, but from the reviews here on the net it is likely that
>I will.
>
>I have a funny feeling that it won't work (sigh).

It DOESN'T run on my 2500 in 68020 node, so I imagine it won't run on a
3000 (68030) either.

Since you have to boot the machine from the game disk, you can't use
setcpu to turn off cache ahead of time.

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey	 |  In Texas: {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group | The World: dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (amdahl!dwl10)
      Houston, TX	 |

hgm@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Hal G. Meeks) (07/23/90)

I'll be upgrading to a 3000 in about a month, so I'm checking out
compatability with packages and hardware that I currently use. I haven't
bought Turrican yet, but from the reviews here on the net it is likely that
I will.

I have a funny feeling that it won't work (sigh).

--hal

--
hgm@ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu    'Come on guys, we're gonna have a real cool weekend
netoprhm@ncsuvm.bitnet    here on Radio Moscow...'

maffett@netcom.UUCP (Tim Maffett) (07/24/90)

   Turrican does not work on my 2630 board in '30 mode, it fails during its
disk based copy protection.  It does however work when I boot with the
68000 mode.   As I said before this is a great game (except for the glitches
in the later levels which somebody mentioned.)
  tim