[comp.sys.amiga.games] Ultima IV help needed

a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) (07/13/90)

I canna solve the 6th level of the Stygian Abyss, does anyone out there know
how to solve it or have the cheats?

         -Travers
Travers "T'aran" Naran (I am male)
Simon Fraser University, Computing Science
Whovian, Prober, Treker, Quantum Leaper....
Mailing addresses:
   Usenet  Travers_Naran@mindlink.UUCP
or      uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Travers_Naran

a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) (07/16/90)

> mnfriedr@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de writes:
>
> >I canna solve the 6th level of the Stygian Abyss, does anyone out there know
> >how to solve it or have the cheats?
> It's quite complicated with those rooms. It is the level witth that many
> rooms, right?
> I have a map and know how to come through. Just have to fetch them from
> home! I'll post! Promised!
> >         -Travers

Yup, and thanks! You'd better! I am getting frustrated! :-) (Murder has entered
my thoughts more than once...) :-)

mnfriedr@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Efchen - Systems) (07/16/90)

a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) writes:

>I canna solve the 6th level of the Stygian Abyss, does anyone out there know
>how to solve it or have the cheats?
It's quite complicated with those rooms. It is the level witth that many
rooms, right?
I have a map and know how to come through. Just have to fetch them from
home! I'll post! Promised!
>         -Travers
Greetings,
      Efchen
--
email: mnfriedr@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
snail: Martin Friedrich, Postfach 1602, D-8520 Erlangen

mnfriedr@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Efchen - Systems) (07/17/90)

Well, I'll try to explain you, how to get through the rooms:

+--+--+--+
|SS|01|02|
+--+--+--+
|03|04|05|
+--+--+--+--+
|06|07|08|09|
+--+--+--+--+
      |10|11|
      +--+--+

These are the 11 rooms in Level 6. SS is for Secret Door.

Enter the secret door and pass the rooms in the following order:
01,04,03,06,07,04,05,08,10,11

There are two little problems, to get from room 05 to 08 and
from room 08 to 10.

It's quite easy if you know how! :)

Room 05:
There are 3 Balrons behind 3 Force Fields in this room.
Dispell the upper right force field, kill the Balron and step
on the field where the Balron was prisoned.
An opening will open in the south wall to let you pass through
to room 08.

Room 08:
There are many Hydras and two Balrons here. First concentrate
on the upper group of monsters. They're behind a force field.
Dispell the force field and step onto the field where the Balron
stood. There will open a field at the south wall, inbetween the
other group of monsters.
Go down to tose monsters, dispell the force field, and step onto
the field that just appeared. A bridge will appear to your right,
letting you pass through to rooms 09 and 10. Prefer room 10,
it's easier, room 09 is inhabitated by many Reapers! :(

Okay, I hope this will help you! :)
Perhaps you can help me with Ultima VI someday! ;-D

I'll be glad to help anyone with any Ultima!

Remember me as the greatest Ultima-Freak on earth!!!

Greetings, Efchen
--
email: mnfriedr@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
snail: Martin Friedrich, Postfach 1602, D-8520 Erlangen
Posted by the famous Efchen!! YAHOO!

a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) (07/18/90)

Thank you, Martin Friedrich! May you have many children! :-) Thank you!~ Thank
you! And I have only seen Ultima VI for the IBM yet. But it looks sooooo
goooood!!!! :-)
Travers "T'aran" Naran (I am male)
Simon Fraser University, Computing Science (Burnaby, B.C., Canada)
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada, North America, etc...

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (07/19/90)

>In article <2509@mindlink.UUCP> a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) writes:

> And I have only seen Ultima VI for the IBM yet. But it looks sooooo
>goooood!!!! :-)

I bought Ultima VI for the PC (I couldn't wait), and ended up returning
it.

If you don't have an AT with a hard drive, FORGET RUNNING ULTIMA VI on
a PC!!!

The sucker reads from the disk for EVERY MOVE! Battles that took 30
seconds on a Hard Drive AT took 5 mins on my AT floppy-based laptop!!!!

It is also pretty near impossible to use with CGA. EGA/VGA are necessary.

Also, a mouse is highly recomended.

However, I agree with Travers in that the EGA/VGA versions look nice. No
more "tile graphics". You are looking down on the scene at an angle, and
everything, including the characters, are rendered as if you were really
seeing them at that angle.

There is no difference between being inside and outside a village or castle
anymore either.

I guess I will have to wait till the Amiga version comes out. I hope
that it won't have the same problems as the PC version!

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey	 |  In Texas: {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group | The World: dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (amdahl!dwl10)
      Houston, TX	 |

mnfriedr@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Martin Friedrich) (07/20/90)

a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) cries out:

>Thank you, Martin Friedrich! May you have many children! :-) Thank you!~ Thank
>you! And I have only seen Ultima VI for the IBM yet. But it looks sooooo
>goooood!!!! :-)
Well, I don't think of children now! :) It was a pleasure for me to
help!
Yes, I have Ultima VI for IBM, though I only have a C64! *grin*
It's verrrrrrrrrrrry great!
But I played it not so long by now. So I don't have questions yet.

Have fun, enjoy Ultima (have you played the other parts?),
Greetings,
      Martin
--

a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) (07/20/90)

> mnfriedr@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de writes:
>
> Yes, I have Ultima VI for IBM, though I only have a C64! *grin*
> It's verrrrrrrrrrrry great!
> But I played it not so long by now. So I don't have questions yet.
>
> Have fun, enjoy Ultima (have you played the other parts?),
> Greetings,
>       Martin

On a local BBS, someone posted some Ultima VI hints, I can get it for you if
you want...

No, I haven't tried the other parts, Ultima V has yet to be produced for the
Amiga (OSI had contractual problems with the company to port it over).

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) writes:

>>In article <2509@mindlink.UUCP> a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) writes:

>> And I have only seen Ultima VI for the IBM yet. But it looks sooooo
>>goooood!!!! :-)

>I bought Ultima VI for the PC (I couldn't wait), and ended up returning
>it.
I even bought it without having an IBM! :)

>If you don't have an AT with a hard drive, FORGET RUNNING ULTIMA VI on
>a PC!!!
I run it on XT 4.77Mhz, NO harddisk and Hercules! :)

>The sucker reads from the disk for EVERY MOVE! Battles that took 30
>seconds on a Hard Drive AT took 5 mins on my AT floppy-based laptop!!!!
That's right.

>It is also pretty near impossible to use with CGA. EGA/VGA are necessary.
It's a problem to identify objects on the screen in Hercules mode,
you have to "look" at every thing! :)

>Also, a mouse is highly recomended.
I don't think so.

>However, I agree with Travers in that the EGA/VGA versions look nice. No
>more "tile graphics". You are looking down on the scene at an angle, and
>everything, including the characters, are rendered as if you were really
>seeing them at that angle.

>There is no difference between being inside and outside a village or castle
>anymore either.

>I guess I will have to wait till the Amiga version comes out. I hope
>that it won't have the same problems as the PC version!
I bought it because I'm an Ultima-FREAK. I cannot wait for a C64
version (it must be even worse than IBM with floppies & Hercules).

I think you have to buy it with 16Mhz, Harddisk, VGA and Sound-card.
You have VERY good songs then.
But for every Ultima-Freak like me, buy it even if you have to
play it with disks, I personally NEED my Ultima! *grin*

Well, greetings,
	   Martin
--

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (07/21/90)

In article <mnfriedr.648125040@faui09> mnfriedr@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Efchen - Systems) says:
> a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) writes:
>
> >I canna solve the 6th level of the Stygian Abyss, does anyone out there know
> >how to solve it or have the cheats?
> It's quite complicated with those rooms. It is the level witth that many
> rooms, right?
> I have a map and know how to come through. Just have to fetch them from
> home! I'll post! Promised!
> >         -Travers
> Greetings,
>       Efchen

What? Ultima IV? Where oh where can I get it?

--
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

mnfriedr@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Martin Friedrich) (07/24/90)

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) writes:

>What? Ultima IV? Where oh where can I get it?

Hmm..better don't ask me! I'm in germany, would be
too difficult to send you. BTW, I only have a C64.

P.S.: Everybody's playing Ultima VI already! ;-)

Greetings, Efchen