[comp.sys.amiga.games] Dungeon Master -- Ressurecting dead Characters

jasonf@cetemp.Eng.Sun.COM (Jason Freund) (07/25/90)

	Does anyone know if ressurecting dead characters in
an alter of VI restore all max values to their former level?
Ie - just before a character dies, he has 0/100 hit points.
When I ressurect him in an alter, will he still have xx/100?
Or does it go down?  (Hit points are just an example... I want
to know if there are *any* negative side-effects to ressurecting.

Thanks,
Jason Freund, Sun Microsystems,  jasonf@cetemp.Corp.sun.com  <== summer address
Deprtmnt of Computer Science, Univ California, Davis. freund@sakura.ucdavis.edu
Quantum Link: JasonF5,  Compu$erve: 72007,244, 690 Erie Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
STOLEN QUOTES -- Please give the authors credit if you know who they are!
"To understand recursion, you need to understand recursion."
"Wow!  Virtual memory!  Now I'm gonna build me a REALLY big ram disk!"
"My other computer is a SUN3/50."  "E. Pluribus UNIX"   -- authors unkown

mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) (07/26/90)

In article <139541@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> jasonf@cetemp.Eng.Sun.COM (Jason
Freund) writes:
> I want
> to know if there are *any* negative side-effects to ressurecting.

  Yes. Some of the max levels of your characters attributes (Strength,
wisdom, etc..) go down permantly.  The character is ressurected with only
a few health points. I find it easier and more effective in the long run
to just use the suicide and restart method.

Marshall
--mjv@brownvm.brown.edu