[comp.sys.amiga.games] Neoromancer

hinker@acl.lanl.gov (Paul J. Hinker) (07/27/90)

    Hello, all --

    I just got a copy of Neoromancer by Interplay and I'm having alittle
trouble saving games.  When I select the save game item on the disk menu,
I get a requester claiming that the disk validator can't validate the
neoromancer disk and another saying that I should use diskdoctor on the
disk.

    Has anyone seen this problem?  Do I have a bad disk that I should
send to Interplay for another?

    Oh, one other thing, during boot a requester appears asking that
disk 'L' be placed in any drive.  After a second or two, that requester
goes away and the game boots normally.

--
Paul Hinker --- MS-287 : Hinker@ACL.Lanl.gov : Phone : 665-1907
Acl E-Mail : hinker@acl.lanl.gov :: Beta E-mail : ph@beta.lanl.gov

ludde@adder.bula.se (Erik Lundevall) (07/29/90)

In article <HINKER.90Jul27095810@grizzly.acl.lanl.gov> hinker@acl.lanl.gov (Paul J. Hinker) writes:

>    Hello, all --
>
>    I just got a copy of Neoromancer by Interplay and I'm having alittle
>trouble saving games.  When I select the save game item on the disk menu,
>I get a requester claiming that the disk validator can't validate the
>neoromancer disk and another saying that I should use diskdoctor on the
>disk.
[stuff deleted]

Yes, I had the same kind of problem with Neuromancer. Use DiskSalv or DiskDoctor
(It did work this time...) to fix the disk. That should be enough to make it work
properly.

>--
>Paul Hinker --- MS-287 : Hinker@ACL.Lanl.gov : Phone : 665-1907
>Acl E-Mail : hinker@acl.lanl.gov :: Beta E-mail : ph@beta.lanl.gov