[comp.sys.amiga.games] Red Storm Rising

robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu (Robert Lindsay) (06/09/90)

Red Storm Rising will be out for the amiga in a matter of weeks!
followed by M-1 and F-19 by september. BTW Pirates! (just out)
works on a 3000 under 2.0!! Microprose says all their games
(but not the ones the import will work on 3000s)

In other news Mike Farren told me SSI should be release Storm over
Europe for the Amiga soon....

kendrix_j@mims.enet.dec.com (John R. Kendrix) (07/27/90)

    Hi,

    I've been having a great time playing the game Red Storm Rising.  It's
    by the same author of Silent Service.  The difference lies in that Red
    Storm Rising is about Modern submarine warefare with modern weapons and
    equipment.  It is something akin to 688 attack sub, however, RSR to me
    is much more sophisticated than 688 attack.  Especially in weaponary
    and gadgets of the nineties.

    I do have a question however.  On some of the missions, you are told to
    travel to north west of Tronheim, or the Podgarny penusula or some
    other place to lauch your ICBM's, or to intercept a convoy.  Well, here
    is the probelm.  The darn thing didn't come with a map, and there is
    nothing on the ON-SCREEN map that tells you where your  targets or
    cities are!!  3 times already, I was busted for not nuking a airstrip
    or a industrial complex, but I couldn't ever find the bloody things!

    Anyone have any ideas??  Other than that, I love the game.

    JK

* John R. Kendrix  c/o           * Disclaimers:  The opinions expressed here   *
* Digital Equipment Corporation  *               aren't likely to be claimed   *
* 5555 Windward Parkway          *               by me, much less my employer. *
* Alpharetta, Ga. 30201          *                                             *
* 404-475-3379                   * E-Mail:       Kendrix_J@mims.enet.dec.com   *

givler@cbmvax.commodore.com (Greg Givler - Product Assurance) (07/27/90)

In article <1796@mountn.dec.com> kendrix_j@mims.enet.dec.com (John R. Kendrix) writes:

>    Hi,
>
>    I do have a question however.  On some of the missions, you are told to
>    travel to north west of Tronheim, or the Podgarny penusula or some
>    other place to lauch your ICBM's, or to intercept a convoy.  Well, here
>    is the probelm.  The darn thing didn't come with a map, and there is
>    nothing on the ON-SCREEN map that tells you where your  targets or
>    cities are!!  3 times already, I was busted for not nuking a airstrip
>    or a industrial complex, but I couldn't ever find the bloody things!
>
>    Anyone have any ideas??  Other than that, I love the game.
>
>    JK

I have the 64 version and the map is in the middle of the manual. I dont
know where it is in the Amiga version. But I did ask around and the map
should have come with your stuff. If it didn't why dont you just contact
MicroProse. I am sure that they have some sort of policy that will allow
you to get the map.

Greg

Greg Givler                        | Q-Link: GregGivler
Analyst - Systems Evaluation Group | CompuServe: Greg Givler 76702,647
Commodore Product Assurance        | GEnie: G.Givler
215-431-9100                       | The NET: givler@cbmvax.commodore.com
"I'm a Hawk, you're a Tiger... We're our own Zoo" -- Countess Charlotte Malcolm
    -- From the Musical -- _A_Little_Night_Music_ -- By Stephen Sondheim --

valentin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Valentin Pepelea) (07/27/90)

In article <1796@mountn.dec.com> kendrix_j@mims.enet.dec.com (John R. Kendrix) writes:

> Well, here is the probelm.  The darn thing didn't come with a map, and there
> is nothing on the ON-SCREEN map that tells you where your  targets or
> cities are!!  3 times already, I was busted for not nuking a airstrip
> or a industrial complex, but I couldn't ever find the bloody things!

It appears they forgot to include the map in all Amiga packages. I thought
only my package was missing it, so I did not complain. Randell has the IBM
package in his office (next door to me), so I merely photocopied his.

The only difference between the Amiga and IBM packages are supposed to be the
disks and the keyboard overlays. We have both noticed another one. I would
give you a verbal description of the city locations, but that would allow
pirates to fcigure out how to play the game. If you have a FAX, give me your
number, and I'll send you a copy.

Valentin
--
The Goddess of democracy? "The tyrants     Name:    Valentin Pepelea
may distroy a statue,  but they cannot     Phone:   (215) 431-9327

pdt@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Peter David THOMPSON) (08/01/90)

May i suggest a few hours in your local library with an atlas & photocopier?

It certainly helps to find such places for Red Storm Rising, & also to design
Empire & suchlike maps.....