[comp.sys.amiga.games] TWO

kovach@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Pete Kovach) (08/05/90)

Seems I always figure out the answer to me questions before I get a
response but this time I am stumped. Two things -

1) On level 5 (6?) there is a room that looks like this -

 __________________________
|      :    /F             |
|_____ |                   |            C = Pressure plate to open pit
_______|~~~~~~~~~          |            F = lever to turn force field on/off
|  U button                 : door      U = button to close pit B
| _____   ______    _____   : to        Force Field pops you to A
| | A |   | B  |    | C |   : room
| |___|   |____|    |___|   :
|___________________________:

OK - Now that that took forever to draw, ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!@!!!!!!

HOW DO YOU OPEN THE DANG DOOR AND GET THE KEY???????
All combinations that are possible close the door in the end. HELP.

2) Same level, there is a wall that states "TEST YOUR STRENGTH" and
down the hall (to the left) are some force fields. I can't get
through them - I have tried everything we can think of. What do they
mean by test your strength - I've tried everything I can think of
here.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Peter Kovach

Sig - We don't need no stinking sig!

conca@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu (michael vincen conca) (08/05/90)

In article <85286@srcsip.UUCP> kovach@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Pete Kovach) writes:

>Seems I always figure out the answer to me questions before I get a
>response but this time I am stumped. Two things -
>
>1) On level 5 (6?) there is a room that looks like this -

       [picture of room with lever, force field, pressure plates
	and pit removed]

>HOW DO YOU OPEN THE DANG DOOR AND GET THE KEY???????

   Ask yourself, "What would Carl Lewis do in this situation?"

>2) Same level, there is a wall that states "TEST YOUR STRENGTH" and
>down the hall (to the left) are some force fields. I can't get
>through them - I have tried everything we can think of.

   Ask yourself, "What would Nolan Ryan do in this situation?"

Hopefully, if you know your sports figures, this will help you without
spilling the whole pot of beans.  Good luck............

-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-
Mike Conca, Computer Science Dept.   *  conca@handel.cs.colostate.edu
Colorado State University            *  conca@129.82.102.32
   "Everyday, as the network becomes larger, the world becomes smaller."

GRIGSBY@auvm.auvm.edu (08/06/90)

****** SPOILERS FOR DM ******, LEVEL 5/6

Hint:  The force-field stays on for a moment after you turn it off.
Hint for Q#2: What difference does strength make?

Solution:     If you hit the switch and back up at the same time, the
field stays on long enough to teleport you into the right place.
Solution #2:  Find your character with the greatest strength and have
him/her throw an object down that corridor.  There is a pressure plate
at the end which opens the gate, but you have to be strong and throw a
light object for it to make it all the way down the hallway to the plate.
-grigsby, ex-DM addict (won twice, drew all maps.  Whew!)

mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) (08/07/90)

In article <90218.053814GRIGSBY@auvm.auvm.edu> GRIGSBY@auvm.auvm.edu
writes:
> Solution:     If you hit the switch and back up at the same time, the
> field stays on long enough to teleport you into the right place.

 Yup, that's how I did it. There is another way but I can't remember it
right now.

> Solution #2:  Find your character with the greatest strength and have
> him/her throw an object down that corridor.

 Or have any character shoot an arrow down the corridor. I had my weakest
character do this and it worked!

 Marshall

--mjv@brownvm.brown.edu

hinker@acl.lanl.gov (Paul J. Hinker) (08/07/90)

   writes:
>   > Solution:     If you hit the switch and back up at the same time, the
>   > field stays on long enough to teleport you into the right place.

>    Yup, that's how I did it. There is another way but I can't remember it
>   right now.

   I never even thought of that.  I spent quite alot of time in that dumb
room trying to get into that cell.  Finally, I set a shield down on the
square where the teleporter appears and pushed the button.  Viola!  The
teleporter put the shield on the pressure plate and the door opened.  For
some reason throwing something onto the plate didn't work but teleporting
something to it did.

--
Paul Hinker --- MS-287 : Hinker@ACL.Lanl.gov : Phone : 665-1907
Acl E-Mail : hinker@acl.lanl.gov :: Beta E-mail : ph@beta.lanl.gov

bgribble@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Bill Gribble) (08/07/90)

In article <46651@brunix.UUCP> mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) writes:
>In article <90218.053814GRIGSBY@auvm.auvm.edu> GRIGSBY@auvm.auvm.edu
>writes:
>> Solution:     If you hit the switch and back up at the same time, the
>> field stays on long enough to teleport you into the right place.
>
> Yup, that's how I did it. There is another way but I can't remember it
>right now.

Or just drop an object into the forcefield while standing next to the door.
  It opens right up.

=====   Bill Gribble           Internet: bgribble@jarthur.claremont.edu =====
=====   Harvey Mudd College              wgribble@hmcvax.claremont.edu  =====
=====   Claremont, CA 91711    Bitnet:   wgribble@hmcvax.bitnet         =====