[comp.sys.amiga.games] Spoilers on Turricane and The Pawn appriciated.

THOMAS@ds.huji.ac.il (08/02/90)

Hello gamers !

This is a call for help on 2 games me and my friend are having trouble with :
1) Turricane - My friend can't find the exit on the 3'th level ! He has been
everywhere, but the 'exit' sign doesn't appear anywhere. I think someone said
allready how to find it but due to our newsreader messages are deleted here
quite quickly. Any spoilers on this game are welcome.
2) The Pawn: Where is the key to the hell door ?? I thought it's in the niche
but using 'search niche' gives me 'niche is empty'. I hope to finish this long
unused but great game.
Many thanx:

    *    Decnet :     Hujids::Thomas, Hujimd::Thomas     *         ///
    *    Bitnet :     Thomas@Hujids Or Thomas@Hujimd     *        /// Ibm/Pc
    *  Or : Thomas@ds.huji.ac.il or Thomas@md.huji.ac.il * \\\   ///
    *         Hebrew University Jerusalem, Israel        *  \\\ ///  Is that a
    *                    Dental School                   *   \\X//     Amiga
    ******************************************************    \X/   compatible ?

buffa@krakatoa.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (08/03/90)

In article <26b78aab593@ds.huji.ac.il>, THOMAS@ds.huji.ac.il writes:
> Hello gamers !
>
> This is a call for help on 2 games me and my friend are having trouble with :
> 1) Turricane - My friend can't find the exit on the 3'th level ! He has been
> everywhere, but the 'exit' sign doesn't appear anywhere. I think someone said
> allready how to find it but due to our newsreader messages are deleted here
> quite quickly. Any spoilers on this game are welcome.

Easy: BUY AN ORIGINAL INSTEAD OF USING A PIRATED COPY !!!!!!!!!!!

When I tried to backup my Turrican with a nibbler copier (NIB
2.0), everything worked fine except that there was no small box
near the space base in level 1-3. This little box makes a
teleport appear, and this teleport teleports your robot to level
2.

I don't blame anybody, but if one should buy a game, it should
be TURRICAN. Playing TURRICAN with a pirated copy is nonsense.
Hey guys, it's the best game ever made on the Amiga ! If you
don't buy it, its authors won't make another great game.

My opinion: pirate bad games. Pirate US GOLD games as they are
all very bad. BUY GOOD GAMES, even if you managed to have a
cracked copy !!!!!

It seems that a lot of people on the net uses cracked games (I
do a lot), but if you want to be honnest with yourself, you must
buy good games, and TURRICAN is definately one of them !!!!!

A lot of reviews have been posted in this newsgroup. Everybody
said what games were good or not. So you don't take many risks
buying a encensed game like TURRICAN !

Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

    Internet:       buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Michel BUFFA, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.78.39, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 65

buffa@krakatoa.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) writes:

|In article <26b78aab593@ds.huji.ac.il>, THOMAS@ds.huji.ac.il writes:
|> Hello gamers !
|>
|> This is a call for help on 2 games me and my friend are having trouble with :
|> 1) Turricane - My friend can't find the exit on the 3'th level ! He has been

|Easy: BUY AN ORIGINAL INSTEAD OF USING A PIRATED COPY !!!!!!!!!!!

|When I tried to backup my Turrican with a nibbler copier (NIB
|2.0), everything worked fine except that there was no small box
|near the space base in level 1-3. This little box makes a
|teleport appear, and this teleport teleports your robot to level
|2.

Er, If the button doesn't appear on level *1* on pirated copies and this
fellow above is stuck on Level *3*, how is it that he got there if his
copy is pirated?

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,

buffa@delos.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (08/10/90)

In article <2689@corpane.UUCP>, sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:
> buffa@krakatoa.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) writes:
>
> |In article <26b78aab593@ds.huji.ac.il>, THOMAS@ds.huji.ac.il writes:
> |> Hello gamers !
> |>
> |> This is a call for help on 2 games me and my friend are having
trouble with :
> |> 1) Turricane - My friend can't find the exit on the 3'th level ! He
has been

> |Easy: BUY AN ORIGINAL INSTEAD OF USING A PIRATED COPY !!!!!!!!!!!
>
> |When I tried to backup my Turrican with a nibbler copier (NIB
> |2.0), everything worked fine except that there was no small box
> |near the space base in level 1-3. This little box makes a
> |teleport appear, and this teleport teleports your robot to level
> |2.
>
> Er, If the button doesn't appear on level *1* on pirated copies and
this
> fellow above is stuck on Level *3*, how is it that he got there if
his
> copy is pirated?

I supposed he had a pirated copy because it's the 1000 time
somebody ask "Hey, I can't find the exit of level 3", and as
they never reached the second world, they call the third part of
the first world "level 3".

Since I posted first a review of this game, I received about 10
mails asking me how to find this exit. This made me think that a
lot of people use pirated software, but don't say on the net.

Of course, I apologize if this guy had really bought TURRICAN
and if he was really stuck in level 3, but let me have some
doubts. The real level 3 is quiete linear and the exit is easy
to find anyway.

Anyway, if you don't have TURRICAN, buy it ! It's a great game.
I finished it several times and still enjoy it a lot. I play and
play again to find new secret rooms, new hidden bonuses or
shortcuts... I spent more time on this game than on any arcade
games (and some adventure games)

sean@ms.uky.edu (Dan Chaney) (08/14/90)

buffa@krakatoa.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) writes:

|In article <26b78aab593@ds.huji.ac.il>, THOMAS@ds.huji.ac.il writes:
|> Hello gamers !
|>
|> This is a call for help on 2 games me and my friend are having trouble with :
|> 1) Turricane - My friend can't find the exit on the 3'th level ! He has been

|Easy: BUY AN ORIGINAL INSTEAD OF USING A PIRATED COPY !!!!!!!!!!!

Unproven accusations, especially those as serious as software theft, can
be very very dangerous as the world and Usenet become more litiguous.

I know that if someone accused me of software theft and it damaged my
reputation, it was published, or it interfered with my job or ability
to find one, I'd be calling my lawyer.

So let's not slander people, okay?

Sean
--