[comp.sys.amiga.games] More Bard's Tale II questions

jgh2@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John G. Hardie) (08/20/90)

Hello again,

I've been working my way through the BTII weapons etc., trying to
figure out what each one does.  The following have been giving me
trouble however, and the sage doesn't seem to know either.   Does
anyone know why these are special, what properties they have, what
spells they cast etc.?  e.g. I know that BardSword can only be used
by Bards, but WHY?  What does it do?

Anyway, the list follows:

Bracers[6]
Bracers[4]	- what's the difference?  What are they for?

BardSword
Bard Bow

Fin's Flute
Galt's Flute
Pipes of Pan

Spell Spear
Hawkblade
Pureblade
Stoneblade
Crystal Sword
Pure Shield

Spectre Snare

Thanks,
John
John G. Hardie					jgh2@unix.cis.pitt.edu
Dept. of Physics, Univ of Pittsburgh		jgh2@vms.cis.pitt.edu
	We chose the name Q because it's short and easy to spell

jgh2@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John G. Hardie) writes:

>Bracers[6]
>Bracers[4]	- what's the difference?  What are they for?

I don't have BT II but I play AD&D so maybe I can help.
Bracers are magical braclets that protect you like Armor (like what
Wonder Woman wears) And the number you show in [] is probably the
Armor Class, which means how well they protect you. Usually when talking
about armor class, the lower the number the better. For instance in AD&D
a person without armor is AC 10, and the more armor you have the lower
your AC gets, down to -10. the reason behind this is that in AD&D you have
to roll dice to see if you hit someone. And you have to roll a number under
that persons AC, so the lower his AC the better for him. You can get pluses
to hit (add on to the number that comes up on your dice) usually by having
higher level characters, or magical weapons (so the higher the number on a
weapon the better).

Most AD&D type games usually follow these same conventions but the computer
does all the rolling of the dice for ya.

So generally speaking, the lower the number on armor the better, and the higher
the number on a weapon the better. But depending on your particular game
your mileage may vary.

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,