[comp.sys.amiga.games] Drakkhen - Yet another plea for help

lord@leadsv.UUCP (Parker Lord) (08/21/90)

----- POSSIBLE   SPOILERS   FOLLOW  ---------------
Just as many others have gotten stuck, I am also at a loss for what to
do next.  I went to the princess of water and followed her instructions
to kill the Prince of Earth. This I did but when I returned like instructed
the Princess was gone.  I am wandering aimlessly around wondering what to do
next.

Also, My fighter and scout are at level 14 each, but my Magic Users are both
still at level 6.  How can I raise their levels.  They still seem to die to
easily.  I read about someone who said stand among the glowing triangles
and when a dragon shows up, just blast him with fireballs.  The fireballs
have no effect and the power runs out to quickly.

Help!!
|                                   //     AA   M     M I GGGGGG    AA     |
|     Parker J. Lord               //     A  A  MM   MM   G        A  A    |
|     lord@leadsv.UUCP            //     A    A M M M M I G       A    A   |
|     415-326-7539          \\   //      AAAAAA M  M  M I G   GGG AAAAAA   |
|                            \\ //       A    A M     M I G    G  A    A   |
|                             \\/        A    A M     M I GGGGGG  A    A   |

briang@sdd.hp.com (Brian Gragg) (08/23/90)

In article <12547@leadsv.UUCP> lord@leadsv.UUCP (Parker Lord) writes:

>----- POSSIBLE   SPOILERS   FOLLOW  ---------------
[stuff deleted]

>Also, My fighter and scout are at level 14 each, but my Magic Users are both
>still at level 6.  How can I raise their levels.  They still seem to die to
>easily.  I read about someone who said stand among the glowing triangles
>and when a dragon shows up, just blast him with fireballs.  The fireballs
>have no effect and the power runs out to quickly.

Your magic users will last a LOT longer in a fight if they are sheilded
(via the spell).  I've had everyone else die in a fight except them.  Try
sending them (with sheilds on) into a fight without the fighters.  I just
gave DRAGS (the killer sword, if you've got it) to them and let them hack
on the bad guys.  They raised up quickly.  Note that they don't have to use
magic to go up levels (like in Dungeon Master).

As for the Princes of Water.  She should have been back in her throne room.
**** SPOILER ALERT ****
She tells you to meet the Princess of Fire.  She should have given you her
gem.  Check if it's already there.  Once you talk to here the second time
she's gone for good.

Good Luck,
Brian.

  Brian Gragg    briang@sdd.hp.com   hp-sdd!briang  uunet!ucsd!hp-sdd!briang