[comp.sys.amiga.games] Dungeon Master spoiler flame

judd@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Steve Judd) (08/30/90)

(E-mail bounces)

Date: 28 Aug 90 13:48:00 EDT
From: "Brighid Wood" <brighid@yang>
Subject: dm
To: "judd" <judd@tramp>

>I asked the question about how do you win because we HAD built fluxcages
>around him and fused him, and then got our butts kicked.  Seems that we
>have to try it again - he must have gotten out somehow.  But after we had
>done what seemed to make sense, THEN I asked the newsgroup.  Who knows,

Reread my posting.  It said something to the effect of "Give it a couple of
weeks, and if everything else fails ask for a hint or whatever."  In other
words, what you did.  It was not a general attack against anybody who would
dare ask for a DM spoiler, which is why I put several statements such as the
above in.  It was targeted at people who ask for a spoiler after making zero
effort at solving the problem - Not even a hint request, just an outright
spoiler.  I was afraid it would be taken as a direct reference to the thread
originator (I assume that was you?), but it wasn't.

>maybe the right rear person had to be holding the rabbit's foot in their
>left hand and a gem in the right?  This game has enough weird stuff...

For instance?  I have not seen a single thing in the game that doesn't make
sense or follow a pattern.  Bard's Tale would put something like this in and
not bother to tell you (except by a magic mouth three dungeons previous that
you get to by moving over a certain square and then finding three separate
teleporters, or something equally stupid), but not Dungeon Master.  I certainly
hope you find out what the problem was - there is nothing worse than figuring
out the right answer, and having it not work for some reason.

>So calm down.					Brighid

After rereading it I see that my original posting resembles ranting, but I can
assure you that I was quite calm as I wrote it, and only included various
effects coupled with some sarcasm to add a little drama to the posting.

					-Steve
--
judd@tramp.colorado.edu          //    'DAMN good salsa.  And HOT!'
...!ncar!boulder!tramp!judd    \X/                -me