[comp.sys.amiga.games] Any news sites receiving comp.sys.amiga.games?

So, the vote was a success, the newgroup message has had time to
filter around the net, and yet there hasn't been a single posting
saying "Hey, RAD new group, DUDES!"  ;-)

So tell me, was it all worth the effort?  Are there any sites that
actually ADDED comp.sys.amiga.games, after all was said and done?

If so, is connectivity good enough that traffic is arriving there?

Kent, the man from xanth.

consp11@bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu (Brett Kessler) (08/30/90)

In article <1990Aug29.132837.13649@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG>,
xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
|>...Are there any sites that
|>actually ADDED comp.sys.amiga.games, after all was said and done?

It's a little wierd around here.  We have the c.s.a.games feed on our
Sun/SparcStation systems, but not on our Ultrix system.  Maybe they just
haven't gotten around to it.

As for whether or not it's worth it, I think so.  I'm very glad that I
don't have to wade through hundreds of games messages when I'm looking
for a specific topic in the c.s.a area.

+------///-+------------------| BRETT KESSLER |------------------+-\\\------+
|     ///  |         consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu          |  \\\     |
| \\\///   |              consp11@bingvaxa.BITNET                |   \\\/// |
|  \XX/    |              (PeopleLink)  B.KESSLER                |    \XX/  |
+----------+-----------------------------------------------------+----------+

in <1990Aug29.132837.13649@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> writes:

	So tell me, was it all worth the effort?  Are there any sites that
	actually ADDED comp.sys.amiga.games, after all was said and done?

	If so, is connectivity good enough that traffic is arriving there?

The stuff's been arriving at PORTAL for some time.  The earliest unexpired
item still online is dated 3-Aug-1990, and the last screenful looks like
the "dump" appended to this response.

Thad Floryan [ thad@cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

------------------------------
27 Collection menu
/Gateways/Usenet/comp/sys/amiga/games
16155.3
-----
45 -   Might & Magic II help needed [collection]
46 -   2630 can't play DM and Populous [collection]
47 -   Freelance Artist looking for work [collection]
48 -   Turrican info [collection]
49 -   Rick Dangerous [collection]
50 -   DM HELP!!! [collection]
51 -   Want Shadow of the Beast II info [collection]
52 -   MechWarrior [collection]
53 -   Amiga GameBusters Revision 6 [collection]
54 -   Tempest [collection]
55 -   Any news sites receiving comp.sys.amiga.games? [collection]
56 -   Nethack on Ami (Re: 2.88 Meg 3.5" Drive on AMIGA?) [collection]
57 -   Bureaucracy for the Amiga? [collection]
58 -   Wings from Cinemaware!!! [collection]

-----
page mail help top logout set go done add_collection scan read subscribe
unsubscribe
Command:

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (08/30/90)

In article <1990Aug29.132837.13649@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG>, xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:

> So tell me, was it all worth the effort?  Are there any sites that
> actually ADDED comp.sys.amiga.games, after all was said and done?
>
> If so, is connectivity good enough that traffic is arriving there?
>
> Kent, the man from xanth.

We've had it all along, it looks like traffic has been normal in the
last couple of days. We have about 30 postings received here dated late
Tuesday (08/28) or yesterday (8/29). It sounds like it isn't getting through
to you.

---Mike,

P.S. I'm sure it's a RAD news group, dude (f'r sure), although I never look
at it (except to see if it is still there). Now if there were some exciting
postings on Shanghai ...

--
A man said to the Universe "Sir, I exist!" | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
"However," replied the Universe,           | DLA Systems Automation Center

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) (08/31/90)

xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:

>So, the vote was a success, the newgroup message has had time to
>filter around the net, and yet there hasn't been a single posting
>saying "Hey, RAD new group, DUDES!"  ;-)

Must be your feed. We've got over 450 messages in that SIG.

>If so, is connectivity good enough that traffic is arriving there?

The first message is dated July 19, and the last Aug 29.

MD
--
-- Michael P. Deignan, President     -- Small Business Systems, Inc. --
-- Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com       -- Box 17220, Esmond, RI 02917  --

skank@du248-07.cc.iastate.edu (Skank George L) (09/01/90)

>In article <1990Aug29.132837.13649@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG>, xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
>
> So tell me, was it all worth the effort?  Are there any sites that
> actually ADDED comp.sys.amiga.games, after all was said and done?
>
> If so, is connectivity good enough that traffic is arriving there?

     Just thought I'd say it's comming in loud and clear at Iowa State.

                                  George

Joseph P. Hillenburg (joseph@valnet.UUCP) (09/02/90)

skank@du248-07.cc.iastate.edu (Skank George L) writes:

> >In article <1990Aug29.132837.13649@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG>, xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.
> >
> > So tell me, was it all worth the effort?  Are there any sites that
> > actually ADDED comp.sys.amiga.games, after all was said and done?
> >
> > If so, is connectivity good enough that traffic is arriving there?
>
>      Just thought I'd say it's comming in loud and clear at Iowa State.
>
>                                   George

e've been getting it for at least 2 months here in Indiana Univ.

 -Joseph Hillenburg (Sultan of Asm)
INET: joseph@valnet.uucp            |MAIL: 1709 West Gray
UUCP: ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph       |MAIL: Bloomington, IN 47401
AT&T: 1-812-336-2969                |MAIL: United States
CompSci BBS: 3/12/24 1-812-876-4407 9:30 pm-7:30 am |Mail replies requested
              Those aren't bugs! Just undesirable features!