[comp.sys.amiga.games] Millenium

d7tommy@dtek.chalmers.se (Tommy Lindqvist) (09/11/90)

Hello world !

I just bought myself the game Millenium , after having read some
articles here on the net.
Now I suspect that I am missing a manual.
When I bought the case , a saw a small pamphlet named
Player's Guide , and I naturally assumed that this was
the manual. However if this is all the manual there is
, this game stinks. The game is rather challenging to play
but after having not found a single entry about for example
Manuevering your fighters during an attack ( All it says
are that you may want to have a joystick in port 2.)
And more importantly HOW DO I BUILD AND PLACE A COLONY.
Not a single word. There is mentioned something about a
colony ship , but The only ship that have only an abbreviation
as its name requires copper to build , which the lunar base
doesn't produce.
I usually don't mind if the manual is short , but I can't play.

If I have missed something important , could someone enlighten
me with either if I am missing a Manual , in which case I could
exchange the game for another at the dealer.
Or if I am supposed to make it with the whopping 2 ( TWO ) pages
of instruction , could someone tell me how to play the game.

d7tommy@dtek.chalmers.se

bjoerns@stud.cs.uit.no (Bjoern Stabell) (09/11/90)

In article <1990Sep11.055916.25213@mathrt0.math.chalmers.se> d7tommy@dtek.chalmers.se (Tommy Lindqvist) writes:

>Hello world !
>
>I just bought myself the game Millenium , after having read some
>articles here on the net.
>Now I suspect that I am missing a manual.
>When I bought the case , a saw a small pamphlet named
>Player's Guide , and I naturally assumed that this was
>the manual. However if this is all the manual there is
>, this game stinks. The game is rather challenging to play
>but after having not found a single entry about for example
>Manuevering your fighters during an attack ( All it says
>are that you may want to have a joystick in port 2.)
>And more importantly HOW DO I BUILD AND PLACE A COLONY.
>Not a single word. There is mentioned something about a
>colony ship , but The only ship that have only an abbreviation
>as its name requires copper to build , which the lunar base
>doesn't produce.
>I usually don't mind if the manual is short , but I can't play.
>
>If I have missed something important , could someone enlighten
>me with either if I am missing a Manual , in which case I could
>exchange the game for another at the dealer.
>Or if I am supposed to make it with the whopping 2 ( TWO ) pages
>of instruction , could someone tell me how to play the game.
>

>d7tommy@dtek.chalmers.se

WARNING!
Don't read this if you want to solve the first puzzles yourself.
(Quite unnecessary, I'm positive you read all your answers.)

I am sure you have sorted it all out by now yourself, but I'll give you a
few tips on the way. The pit most newusers fall into is not to send a
grazier to the asteroids. This really is essential if you want to expand
your empire.

After some trips to the asteroids you should be able to build
a SIOS for the planet you would like to colonize. By the way, have you
sent any (what's the name of those small vessels again)...probes to any
nearby planets (except Mars of course). If so, your scientists should have
produced a report (quite small, but informative). I gather by now you
should get the point, and after a while it'll all be simple routine.

I don't however agree with you when you ask for a larger/better manual.
The manual couldn't be made any bigger without spoiling some of the puzzles
in the game. But I guess that could have been said about any game...

During the time I have had Millenium, I have showed it to several friends.
And you know one thing...they won't leave until the have finished it.
Usually this can take a couple of years (should be able to do it before
2210 though) gametime, and about 20 hours realtime...(may vary)

Enjoy!